sharetrader
Page 155 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 551051451511521531541551561571581591652052556551155 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 14173

You seem to have positive vibes about this one. I prefer 13 million shares sold today. Someone is selling up large.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 14-10-2019 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Spelling

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    You seem to have positive vibes about this one. I prefer 13 million shares sold today. Someone is selling up large.
    Well, about 5 million shares could possibly be accounted for by speculators who purchased at the record low prices at the end of last week. Nice quick 20% return in a day or so - not bad at all if day trading is your game.

As for the others, you are dead right - it is always fascinating to consider who is the buyer and who is the seller. What would motivate each different perspective?

I must admit, when I try tell the sellers story I am at a loss. It has been widely reported that winning the rugby would be crucial for Sky. And the way the deal seems to have been structured, it has the potential to be a win-win for Sky and NZR in the long term.

How this announcement would 'spook' so many investors into dumping their shares at $1.05 - $1.07 (when they could have just sold them weeks ago for $1.11 - $1.15 if they no longer liked Sky as an investment) is baffling.

Winning the rugby and securing a long-term partner as an equity owner is bad news in their eyes I have to assume?

Quote Originally Posted by tga_trader View Post
    Much more recent movies, but quite limited selection. Worth getting a subscription for a month, watching everything you want, and then cancelling, but not something I would bother being a permanent subscriber to.
    It's reasonable value at $13.95 a month, I use as a back up when there is little else on to watch.

Question

Perhaps NZR will now stand in the market for an additional 5.1% of SKY shares (whoops sorry those don't happen anymore.... I should say obtain 5.1% in a convoluted and non transparent deal with an investment bank) in order to protect its gifted "investment" in SKY from cheap takeover at all time low prices. (thereby retaining influence on its "revolutionary broadcast deal"...blah blah blah..**insert corporate marketing dept waffle**)

No price given for the gifted 5%.

Perhaps with the increased clarity on its next 5 years of revenue SKY will, on the 2nd of November, reinstate the dividend, ensuring a spectacular windfall on NZR's gifted share holding.

I did think the share price overacted a bit with the loss of domestic cricket to Spark. I'm a huge cricket fan and I'll miss watching the odd domestic test or 1-dayer via Sky but these days the things I look forward to most are the Big Bash and IPL. And of course its the t20 world cup next year in Aus. Sounds like Spark paid a bundle for NZ domestic cricket. I tried watching the NZ Super Smash but it was very amateurish.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 14-10-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    Perhaps NZR will now stand in the market for an additional 5.1% of SKY shares (whoops sorry those don't happen anymore.... I should say obtain 5.1% in a convoluted and non transparent deal with an investment bank) in order to protect its gifted "investment" in SKY from cheap takeover at all time low prices. (thereby retaining influence on its "revolutionary broadcast deal"...blah blah blah..**insert corporate marketing dept waffle**)

No price given for the gifted 5%.

Perhaps with the increased clarity on its next 5 years of revenue SKY will, on the 2nd of November, reinstate the dividend, ensuring a spectacular windfall on NZR's gifted share holding.
    That is a very interesting thought!

I expect there to be some announcements in the next few days to show which of the big guns are selling and who is vacuuming up the cheap shares.

I find the whole thing just so incredibly fascinating

Even if they paid 5c in dividend every 6 months, that would be about $20 odd million each time. $1M to NZR.

And Sky could easily afford to pay $40M a year in dividends and still retain a large amount of capital to pay down debt and invest in streaming.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 14-10-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Advanced Member

I for one wish we could get to the end (ish) position sooner rather than later. Jumping around like "we" are at the moment...SparkSport...SKY ….Neon....Lightbox....Netflix.....AppleTV...YouTub e...well, it adds to tension in our house as some of us get confused as to what when and why !
    On top of that....I suspect I am going to in fact pay a little more than I might of for just Sky. I am more discerning however...and sign on for a month or so to watch specific events. e.g. GOT.

Do they want another 5% if SKY is still around in 5 years?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I for one wish we could get to the end (ish) position sooner rather than later. Jumping around like "we" are at the moment...SparkSport...SKY ….Neon....Lightbox....Netflix.....AppleTV...YouTub e...well, it adds to tension in our house as some of us get confused as to what when and why !
    On top of that....I suspect I am going to in fact pay a little more than I might of for just Sky. I am more discerning however...and sign on for a month or so to watch specific events. e.g. GOT.
    It is entirely possible that, depending on how many servives you subscribe to, you could pay more than the Sky TV bundles.

However, you would still have more flexibility - Sky used to force you to buy Sky Basic for $50 a month before you added Sport or Movies + SOHO.

Platform providers like AppleTV have started introducing the concept of 'Channels' in the US. Essentially, you integrate your content provider (NEON, Netflix, Lightbox etc) and then AppleTV aggregates the content into a single user friendly UI for you to navigate and see what content is available to watch across your subscriptions.

This would certainly lessen the pain of trying to work out what to watch. No idea when AppleTV will make this feature available in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    It is entirely possible that, depending on how many servives you subscribe to, you could pay more than the Sky TV bundles.

However, you would still have more flexibility - Sky used to force you to buy Sky Basic for $50 a month before you added Sport or Movies + SOHO.

Platform providers like AppleTV have started introducing the concept of 'Channels' in the US. Essentially, you integrate your content provider (NEON, Netflix, Lightbox etc) and then AppleTV aggregates the content into a single user friendly UI for you to navigate and see what content is available to watch across your subscriptions.

This would certainly lessen the pain of trying to work out what to watch. No idea when AppleTV will make this feature available in NZ.
    is that what the Vodafone TV box does (for $160)?