sharetrader
Page 787 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2876877377777837847857867877887897907917978378871287 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,870 of 14173
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    I wouldn't expect anything more from that Chris Keall guy.
    Well, at least market seem to be happy with the news. Be nice to get into 20c mark in the medium term which will see ticker size increase to half cent multiples.

price is having another assault out of last week or so's range.
    pattern is looking a little fragile in my humble opinion - unless it can make the break through 18.5 and onto 19 and declare itself still bullish. but im in - hold a half position at present still.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    I wouldn't expect anything more from that Chris Keall guy.
    Did us a favour by mentioning that you can lock-in Neon for 12 months at a reduced rate. I didn't know that.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Well, at least market seem to be happy with the news. Be nice to get into 20c mark in the medium term which will see ticker size increase to half cent multiples.
    Yeah it is good news. The business is profitable at current pricing.

So the majority of any incremental price increases across the streaming services as well as an inevitable lift in pricing for Sky Sport will go to the bottom line.

"Journalists" like Chris Keall may get super excited about competition (or really anything that could be construed as bad for Sky) from the likes of Spark Sport for rights etc, but ultimately the consumer gets hit in the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...3TIX5HRD26TUE/

Gotta love the Headline - Sky hikes NEON by 15%!!!

Why not use the less inflammatory Headline of "Sky increases NEON by only 6.67c per day"?
    I don't think it's that inflammatory, 15% of not much is not much after all. If I got a price increase of 15% on my Hulu subscription, that'd be an extra $10 a month!

Guru

Has anyone managed to get the broadband service yet?

Here's my take on the broadband and neon increase. I felt if they had offered something free with the broadband I knew about 4 people ready to switch. But only offering ultra fast does basically nothing. At the moment a 100 fibre connection works fine it just the provider modems that ate the weak link. Although sky offer WiFi 6 it's still a cheap modem that to me may handle fibre 100 well. But the ultra fibre I have a feeling there modem won't take full advantage. Offering ultra fast just isn't compelling. Free sport or something would be much better.
    I would rather they have launched a fibre 100 as a basic with a good modem and say free neon or half price sport. Something along those lines.
    Neon - price increase. This is a great move.
    Neon to me is actually great value. I for one will sign up for a year so no price increase.
    I'm not 100% sure in exact neon numbers as streaming as a whole is 390000 I think.
    So say if 300k people pay $1 extra a month that adds a extra 3 mil to sky's revenue.
    Iim almost expecting another revenue guidence increase at some stage or if they leave it till the full year results maybe they will leave it as a surprise. Who knows

With almost a month into broadband it will be interesting to see some numbers come out, but not as exciting as seeing their 2 properties list which does seem to be taking some time to show up anywhere.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Here's my take on the broadband and neon increase. I felt if they had offered something free with the broadband I knew about 4 people ready to switch. But only offering ultra fast does basically nothing. At the moment a 100 fibre connection works fine it just the provider modems that ate the weak link. Although sky offer WiFi 6 it's still a cheap modem that to me may handle fibre 100 well. But the ultra fibre I have a feeling there modem won't take full advantage. Offering ultra fast just isn't compelling. Free sport or something would be much better.
    I would rather they have launched a fibre 100 as a basic with a good modem and say free neon or half price sport. Something along those lines.
    Neon - price increase. This is a great move.
    Neon to me is actually great value. I for one will sign up for a year so no price increase.
    I'm not 100% sure in exact neon numbers as streaming as a whole is 390000 I think.
    So say if 300k people pay $1 extra a month that adds a extra 3 mil to sky's revenue.
    Iim almost expecting another revenue guidence increase at some stage or if they leave it till the full year results maybe they will leave it as a surprise. Who knows
    It will be interesting to see how sky broadband goes - I feel optimistic.

You are right that many people will find that 100Mbs is adequate for their needs.

However I do believe that more and more families will be looking for faster speeds. Streaming in 4K on NETFLIX can chew up to 25Mbs right there.

If you have a family with multiple people streaming at the same time while one of the other kids are gaming, and mom or dad are doing a Zoom call for work...100Mbs can soon start to buckle. Internet usage per household is going up significantly - using half a terabyte of data a month is not even considered very high usage these days.

A typical 1Gbs plan costs ~$110/month from most providers. So Sky are effectively giving Sky Starter for free by pricing the broadband component at $79.

$79/month is below what Spark charge for 100Mbs once you hit 120GB (a limit that pretty much everyone blows through in the first week).

I think the Sky Broadband offer is amazing value, but let’s see what the punters make of it.

Guru

Further to last post, this was just released by Comcom.

FibreMax is going to become the new minimum standard.

Broadband ranking.jpg