sharetrader
Page 600 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1005005505905965975985996006016026036046106507001100 ... LastLast
Results 5,991 to 6,000 of 14173

I have no idea why the random jump at the end of last week and then with good news around Spark this week the decline (yes I know America)

Mr Market has confused me beyond all ends over the last 6 months. I will continue holding SKT, aiming for around 3+ years, it would just be nice to see some price increase for once. I guess Mr Market still doesn't see how SKT can cut it into the future.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    The sharemarket makes no sense. So news about Sky partnering with Spark is somehow seen as bad news??.. given the dropping share price..

I feel like I need to change my method of investing, and perhaps start doing the opposite of what my research and analysis suggests to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DownTownJr View Post
    I have no idea why the random jump at the end of last week and then with good news around Spark this week the decline (yes I know America)

Mr Market has confused me beyond all ends over the last 6 months. I will continue holding SKT, aiming for around 3+ years, it would just be nice to see some price increase for once. I guess Mr Market still doesn't see how SKT can cut it into the future.

1. Dividend
    2. Buyback
    3. Takeover

or nothing

It looked like quite a few decent size sells went through today. I wonder if the entity buying offmarket was buying today. Building there stake.

The last few times we have had good news. The global market has been down. When they announced results wasn't the US down? It seems like they have a bit of bad timing with there news.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    1. Dividend
    2. Buyback
    3. Takeover

or nothing
    Good luck man; :-) you need a saddle for this dog.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by DownTownJr View Post
    I guess Mr Market still doesn't see how SKT can cut it into the future.
    Few here would be happy to admit that SKY is an absolute pig dog of stock, a pariah vilified by the market for years, that has smashed untold shareholder wealth that it's vomit inducing. The SP chart tells you the story and so far it's not going too well is it. Sure, it's tradable for a few pennies and % either way, but not for serious investors.

It stands to reason that SKY really do have to put some serious runs on the board before serious investors (not speculators) will give it the time of day. Many have be seriously burned by SKY. The market has a long memory. Only a comprehensive turnaround in business metrics and sustained performance will lure back the serious investor money. Hoping for a buyout is not an investor strategy, it is a 'hope' for a quick (relatively) speculative upside return. Hope is a poor strategy.

Just saying. Good luck to the speculators, but don't expect to be bailed out by serious money piling in, including a buyout, until SKY reverse the loss of customers and show a sustainable return to obscene revenues and profits. It's really that simple, to say, maybe not so simple to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Few here would be happy to admit that SKY is an absolute pig dog of stock, a pariah vilified by the market for years, that has smashed untold shareholder wealth that it's vomit inducing. The SP chart tells you the story and so far it's not going too well is it. Sure, it's tradable for a few pennies and % either way, but not for serious investors.

It stands to reason that SKY really do have to put some serious runs on the board before serious investors (not speculators) will give it the time of day. Many have be seriously burned by SKY. The market has a long memory. Only a comprehensive turnaround in business metrics and sustained performance will lure back the serious investor money. Hoping for a buyout is not an investor strategy, it is a 'hope' for a quick (relatively) speculative upside return. Hope is a poor strategy.

Just saying. Good luck to the speculators, but don't expect to be bailed out by serious money piling in, including a buyout, until SKY reverse the loss of customers and show a sustainable return to obscene revenues and profits. It's really that simple, to say, maybe not so simple to do.
    You're on the money with your comments, fortunately most of us that have been around for a while know this. Sky is not a daytrading stock, it's an uncool value stock, that we're taking a contrarian position on.

Guys, don't get despondent. Wait for the big announcements, not the small ones. The advertising market will come back prior to the Olympics, Covid vaccines are on their way, Sport is back on, and the transformation will be revealed. There'll be a financial update early next year. But all of the good news will be in the next annual report. Remember, the longer you hold the less tax you pay. Pay no heed to the downrampers.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

You hit the nail on the head, this stock is a pig; there is value perhaps but it’s a tough sell; so many disillusioned by loses on this one.

I love the commentary on this thread and it would be a great day to see all holders win but it’s a tough one. GL to all

And back into the 14's we go. Was nice seeing the 15's for a brief moment in time.

Advanced Member

Stock below 15 again.

Back to daily takeover posts...