sharetrader
Page 872 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 3727728228628688698708718728738748758768829229721372 ... LastLast
Results 8,711 to 8,720 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    I think there could be multiple Mr singapores!
    "ive been trying to poke holes into this, but, its seems like a very compelling case when you have those kinds of free cashflow attributes, alot will depend on what they do with the free cashflow, but its sounds
    like theres a good chance of shareholders seeing that cash back"

"Agreed, we will hold the chairman and the CEO's feet to the fire"

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    I think I might have to hold this piece of sh*t stock.

That 70c price target is pretty bullish.

He does make a good point about the potential for significant free cash flow over the next few years as the "satellite base will have a long tail".

He forecast up to $50m of back backs this year between June - December after the property sale. Then dividends in 2022.

He makes a good point about NZ being a small market so the major players are better off using a media aggregator like Sky than going direct. Obviously the big players are doing streaming but they can never generate enough cash to pay for sporting rights like rugby. There's a good chance that NZRU signs after 2025. Sky should maintain it's market position and churn should stabilise.

The new Sky box also looks good. Minimal deprecation of old boxes as a lot of customers will stick with the old box.

Overall, he says that NZ market is dividend focused and most retail investors lost faith in Sky, hence that's why the stock is so low. It's just question of weather this company can turn around and use it's clean balance sheet to return capital to shareholders and get back the reputation it once had. Either that or use the cash for growth acquisitions.

However, I'm still in the takeover camp, but I'm thinking the offer has to be north of 30c to justify.

Let's just see what the investor day brings in a little over a week from now.

I'm thinking about buying more if there's continue weakness over the next few days.

This stock must be worth at least $1 to Warner/Discovery, it's just God dam silly they're not interested in buying at these levels!

Fu*k it...

"Agreed, we will hold the chairman and the CEO's feet to the fire"

Peter kennan - 4.9% shareholder - Founder and CEO black crane.

B306BB4E-4217-4639-8AAB-D957659D647F.jpeg
    Last edited by jimdog31; 20-06-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Guru

I think I might have to hold this piece of sh*t stock.

That 70c price target is pretty bullish.

He does make a good point about the potential for significant free cash flow over the next few years as the "satellite base will have a long tail".

He forecast up to $50m of back backs this year between June - December after the property sale. Then dividends in 2022.

He makes a good point about NZ being a small market so the major players are better off using a media aggregator like Sky than going direct. Obviously the big players are doing streaming but they can never generate enough cash to pay for sporting rights like rugby. There's a good chance that NZRU signs after 2025. Sky should maintain it's market position and churn should stabilise.

The new Sky box also looks good. Minimal deprecation of old boxes as a lot of customers will stick with the old box.

Overall, he says that NZ market is dividend focused and most retail investors lost faith in Sky, hence that's why the stock is so low. It's just question of weather this company can turn around and use it's clean balance sheet to return capital to shareholders and get back the reputation it once had. Either that or use the cash for growth acquisitions.

However, I'm still in the takeover camp, but I'm thinking the offer has to be north of 30c to justify.

Let's just see what the investor day brings in a little over a week from now.

I'm thinking about buying more if there's continue weakness over the next few days.

This stock must be worth at least $1 to Warner/Discovery, it's just God dam silly they're not interested in buying at these levels!

Fu*k it...

LOL.

You must be the most fickle person I know.

bahahaha. spat my coffee out on that one!

Guru

If Peter is right and the market will rerate sky north of 50c/share once a divvy is resumed then shareholders had better hope there is no takeover/merger before then.

Guru

Korea Investment, NH Investment join financing of Australia`s Vocus buyout

https://pulsenews.co.kr/view.php?sc=...2021&no=573457

The Korean brokerage consortium will bankroll AU$350 million and then sell down the debt to major institutional investors in Korea.

The Vocus deal is expected to generate annual returns of over 4 percent for the Korean investors. This is higher than what they could get in local markets, where debt financing deals currently yield just about 3 percent.

4%

I need to phone some of these Koreans. Get them into Sky deal with 8% returns.
    Yield much higher if they buy at these prices. More like 30% +
    Last edited by mistaTea; 21-06-2021 at 12:02 PM.

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/374216

Look like we will be competing against Mercury Energy in the broadband space now.

IFT can use the cash to have another look at Sky!

Guru

An issue I have with Peter’s crude valuation is that it assumes Sky will generate FCF of $70-$100M in perpetuity.

Putting that aside, an 8% equity yield on cashflow is fantastic…if sky is still around in 12.5 years (and you therefore get your money back…though this really should be 15 years by the time you apply a discount rate).

I absolutely think that Sky will be around out into the future as the Business Case for SKT as a going concern is strong…

BUT…the market does not believe that. The Market has priced sky as though they only have 5 years left. That NZRU will ditch them after the 2025 season, and that will be the end of the business.

It is this crazy negative sentiment that has pushed the price so low. And, so long as Sky is ‘just an aggregator’, I don’t believe that sentiment will change as much as Peter might hope for.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 21-06-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Guru

Vocus vote tomorrow 10am Aussie time.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    An issue I have with Peter’s crude valuation is that it assumes Sky will generate FCF of $70-$100M in perpetuity.

Putting that aside, an 8% equity yield on cashflow is fantastic…if sky is still around in 12.5 years (and you therefore get your money back…though this really should be 15 years by the time you apply a discount rate).

I absolutely think that Sky will be around out into the future as the Business Case for SKT as a going concern is strong…

BUT…the market does not believe that. The Market has priced sky as though they only have 5 years left. That NZRU will ditch them after the 2025 season, and that will be the end of the business.

It is this crazy negative sentiment that has pushed the price so low. And, so long as Sky is ‘just an aggregator’, I don’t believe that sentiment will change as much as Peter might hope for.
    is that FCF figure ignoring or including the leasing costs (which now are now not included in FCF calculation under the new accounting standards, even though it’s an ongoing cash cost)