sharetrader
Page 532 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 324324825225285295305315325335345355365425826321032 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 14170

Quote Originally Posted by Stock888 View Post
    SKT is heading to $0.60
    You can have mine for 30c. Just needs to pay me an call option fee of 3c. Cheap way to play the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    You can have mine for 30c. Just needs to pay me an call option fee of 3c. Cheap way to play the stock.
    This threads so busy it's a shame its a little hard to scroll back and find all our price predictions before the result. Someone might find them. But I couldn't lol

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I'd probably take that if you gave me 36 months.

Advanced Member

Comcast Doesn't Care if You Want to Cut the Cord

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...-cut-the-cord/

"Roberts says 2 million households have taken the Flex device, which is offered free with Comcast's broadband service. One million of those households use the device on a regular basis."

This the reason why Sky is coming out with a new box next year, so you get the set top box free if you sign up to Sky broadband. This would be a serious threat to Vodafone TV, where you have to pay $150 for the box.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Comcast Doesn't Care if You Want to Cut the Cord

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...-cut-the-cord/

"Roberts says 2 million households have taken the Flex device, which is offered free with Comcast's broadband service. One million of those households use the device on a regular basis."

This the reason why Sky is coming out with a new box next year, so you get the set top box free if you sign up to Sky broadband. This would be a serious threat to Vodafone TV, where you have to pay $150 for the box.
    Vodafone currently give you a VTV for free if you take an unlimited broadband plan.

At least, they used to.

It’s just with VTV you also have the option to buy it as a stand-alone product. So you don’t have to be a Vodafone broadband customer to get Vodafone TV.

But yes, the new box they are planning will compete directly with VTV.

And the new box looks a lot better than VTV - better UI and has the upscaling feature which looks very nice.

I’m still 50/50 on how popular the new box will be in reality. But we will have to wait and see what the Sky customisations are first.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Vodafone currently give you a VTV for free if you take an unlimited broadband plan.

At least, they used to.

It’s just with VTV you also have the option to buy it as a stand-alone product. So you don’t have to be a Vodafone broadband customer to get Vodafone TV.

But yes, the new box they are planning will compete directly with VTV.

And the new box looks a lot better than VTV - better UI and has the upscaling feature which looks very nice.

I’m still 50/50 on how popular the new box will be in reality. But we will have to wait and see what the Sky customisations are first.
    So the question is, is Vodafone happy to compete with Sky on broadband and also the set top box market. And is Discovery happy to compete with Sky between TV3 and Prime Television.

Seems like Sky is just a third wheel and in the way.

Advanced Member

Not only is Sky "in the way", they are the only ones making money.

With Vodafone TV, the money is made with add on services, like pay per view and subscriptions.

With free to air TV, the money is made by upselling content from Prime to Sky channel 1. For example, you will see one episode of Pawn Stars on prime, but if you want to watch another episode you need Sky channel 1. If Discovery want to upsell content from TV3, they need a Pay TV provider and a customer base.

Guru

So the question is, is Vodafone happy to compete with Sky on broadband and also the set top box market. And is Discovery happy to compete with Sky between TV3 and Prime Television.

Seems like Sky is just a third wheel and in the way.
    It seems that IFT are happy so long as Sky maintain their wholesale arrangement. I am sure they will have plans to expand VTV beyond Sky.

Adding Spark Sport, for example.

Guru

With Vodafone TV, the money is made with add on services, like pay per view and subscriptions.
    Vodafone clip the ticket on all Sky bundles that are added. So Sky have to go through all the expense of acquiring good content, and then Vodafone just clip the ticket each month for using their platform. I

Not sure if the freeview channels pay them anything for providing their content on their platform, but I assume Vodafone still make money even if customers don't add on any Sky bundles. Otherwise they would only make some money on the sale of the set top box.

I would be interested to hear people's thoughts on my experience with Sky last week. I am a shareholder (smallish holding) but around 15% of my portfolio. If there are other customers experiencing this boneheaded service then I have some concerns going forward.

I subscribed back up to Sky Sport Now back in June and have been happily watching it since. Been working great till last Thursday night, tried to watch some golf highlights and I got an error message saying my account couldn't access that content. So jumped on my PC and logged into my account. It showed my account was inactive and after looking around a bit more I saw that three credit card transactions had failed to go through. The first on 10th September (renewal date) and then two more on the 14th and 16th with my account cancelled on the third failure. Silly me, I forgot I had been sent a new card from my bank in August so updated the details online and thought the account would reactivate. Nope, had to resubscribe at the full rate of $39 a month compared to the deal I had of $25 a month for 12 months. I went through my email and spam, no emails at all from Sky to tell me of the first failed payment on the 10th. Sent the helpdesk an email, they said basically "You let your account expire, deal can't be renewed you can re-sign up for the advertised price". I replied and got a similarly blunt response, I thought the tone of the emails were also pretty telling of a company with low employee engagement.

So, now Sky have lost a customer. Just cannot fathom the stupidity of their system that doesn't notify a user that the payment has failed. I kept using the account for a week after it failed and never was notified. I would have happily paid the monthly fee which included the week I used it. Now I am reconsidering the subscription and probably just go without till another deal comes along.

I find it hard to believe this is a one off event. The amount of users in a similar boat to me on both Sky Sport Now and Neon must be pretty high. Credit cards usually have a life of 3 years I think? So divide the number of users on these platforms by 36 and you can see how many they risk loosing every month when the credit card details lapse. No wonder the ship is sinking if they treat all customers like this!