sharetrader
Page 118 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 18681081141151161171181191201211221281682186181118 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 14171
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    The roll out of fiber braodband another nail in the coffin of SKT.
    Rural Broadband not up to it for RWC.

https://www.odt.co.nz/business/rural-broadband-not-cup

I see Morning Star have upgraded them to a buy, with a valuation of $2.50.
    I am sure there are a lot of people that would be happy to see the price up around $2.50 again. Thinking that might take a significant reevaluation of their business model, with $0.50 looking more likely on their current share trajectory.

Why is there talk about Morning Star? It's completely irrelevant... when have SPs EVER followed Morning Star's recommendations?

Handsome Member

Sky still has cash in the bank, there’s time for an acquisition or a takeover whichever comes first lol

Banned

Though SKT's wished for demise by some on here would potentially be good news for SPK shareholders, for the wider population, handing Spark a free hand to charge whatever they want for media wouldn't bode well.

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    I see Morning Star have upgraded them to a buy, with a valuation of $2.50.
    I am sure there are a lot of people that would be happy to see the price up around $2.50 again. Thinking that might take a significant reevaluation of their business model, with $0.50 looking more likely on their current share trajectory.
    The scary thing is some banks with their house brand Kiwisaver scheme's use these muppets as their research supplier and don't have one of their own.
    This probably explains why most house brand bank Kiwsaver funds are extremely poor performers. Just because some junior researcher plugs some assumptions into a DCF model without any real thought does not mean the output is going to be any good ! $2.50 is fantasy land stuff. If they think its a BUY with that target its really a SELL lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCross View Post
    Though SKT's wished for demise by some on here would potentially be good news for SPK shareholders, for the wider population, handing Spark a free hand to charge whatever they want for media wouldn't bode well.
    skt been charging like wounded bulls for yrs now spk offering competition , much cheaper competition and skt dont know what to do cause there model relies on charging everyone exorbitant charges.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Sky still has cash in the bank, there’s time for an acquisition or a takeover whichever comes first lol
    Might be ripe for the likes of Graeme Hart to strip for parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Why is there talk about Morning Star? It's completely irrelevant... when have SPs EVER followed Morning Star's recommendations?
    Merely making the note. I suspect that Morning Star have the same funding model as the Better Business Bureau after watching when and what they recommend.

Just by way of disclosure, I do not own SKT or SPK. I do get all of my entertainment streamed through either freeview or netflix though.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Yee Ha...Yippy Yi Yay, Just did a double back flip and sold the other 40%. Only had them for 7 bus. days. $7,400 loss and $430.40c brokerage at .2%. ASB Securities ph me yesterday to see if I want to attend an investor day in June for their highly valued clients. Wow, how cool is that. Might go if not too busy.
    I think this may well be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read during my investing career.

I bet ASB love you very very VERY much

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I think this may well be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read during my investing career.

I bet ASB love you very very VERY much
    Yes, Yes and Yes