sharetrader
Page 360 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2603103503563573583593603613623633643704104608601360 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Taleb in Fooled By Randomness had a good story about a dentist looking at stock prices too often. The moral was the more times you looked at them the sadder you'll be .... even if your portfolio is increasing.

SKT since Christmas - 73 down days and 45 up days

So if the dentist held SKT shares and checked its share price each a day there would have been 73 sad days and only 45 happy days (and a few hum hum days)

If he had only checked it today he would have experienced only one sad day (and a really sad day it would have been)

Looks like today is a sad day for most of us
    I think these are actually happy days. Great buying opportunities as the share price hovers between 12&13 cents.
    Taking the long view, exciting times.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    I think these are actually happy days. Great buying opportunities as the share price hovers between 12&13 cents.
    But I wouldn't mind a few more sad days to get some more

But hoping one day the share price will start going up one day

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Someone may be secretly thinking they could be a quiet winner too..

...SKT since Christmas - 73 down days and 45 up days

So if the dentist held SKT shares and checked its share price each a day there would have been 73 sad days and only 45 happy days (and a few hum hum days)...
    Unfortunately it's always 1 cent up, 2 cents down, a bit like our petrol prices

This example might not be relevant to you: While I bought PEB at 0.13 few months ago, close FA/TA friends told me I was investing into a black hole, look at PEB's price today? I couldn't believe I sold all at 0.50.... I don't think PEB is better than SKT in term of financial/potential...

Disc: My SKT average cost is 0.158. (did wanted to beat myself up I didn't sell any at 0.19 because it's far from my own target price of the share)

Wonder how much impairments will be in F20?

That’s assuming there are some ...they did hint there would be.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stock888 View Post
    This example might not be relevant to you: While I bought PEB at 0.13 few months ago, close FA/TA friends told me I was investing into a black hole, look at PEB's price today? I couldn't believe I sold all at 0.50.... I don't think PEB is better than SKT in term of financial/potential...

Disc: My SKT average cost is 0.158. (did wanted to beat myself up I didn't sell any at 0.19 because it's far from my own target price of the share)
    Well done stockie ...good timing and you made heaps eh

Probably don’t even regret selling all at 50 cents ....you made enough and left the rest for others.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Well done stockie ...good timing and you made heaps eh

Probably don’t even regret selling all at 50 cents ....you made enough and left the rest for others.
    As long as the sp does not do an ATM and have some of us wondering why we even sold out at $16!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Do you want to take this one mista or shall I?
    Gee - rather harsh for both of them to be banned but a cooling down period from time to time can be a good thing when emotions get too high & things get too heated.

"Never get emotional, it clouds your judgement' The Godfather 1972

Advanced Member

The contrarian in me has taken a position in Sky TV for the first time in 18 years. There is much value left in the business and it is seriously undervalued at the moment. However it is also dangerous to swim against the current so you better have strength.