sharetrader
Page 5 of 1417 FirstFirst 12345678915551055051005 ... LastLast
    On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I used to watch business programs but now spend more time on sharetrader.
    A wise move Percy, to get away from that desperate American hype. I reckon it is only a matter of time before sharetrader takes over. Sky has had it, I think :-)

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    A wise move Percy, to get away from that desperate American hype. I reckon it is only a matter of time before sharetrader takes over. Sky has had it, I think :-)

SNOOPY
    Lot easier to have a nap watching TV.all you bright people on sharetrader keep me awake trying to keep up with you.Do not tell anyone but I had to record NASCAR races as I always fell asleep
    before the finish.When I awoke then had to fast forward to the finish to see who won!!!!Cannot do that on sharetrader.

How come sky tv's depreciation is quite high? Is this for their satellites and the buildings, etc?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ENP View Post
    How come sky tv's depreciation is quite high? Is this for their satellites and the buildings, etc?
    Dont they own most of the decoders and all the aerials and satellites on peoples roofs.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Dont they own most of the decoders and all the aerials and satellites on peoples roofs.
    So they can depreciate that too? Well then that makes sense. They have 1.6 million households or something like that.

percy

Good result out today.Steady growth story just gets stronger.

Some big volume going through last few days. Nearly 4m traded at 510 half an hour ago.

Who's getting out and why?
    Last edited by whirly; 12-12-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Guru

Default Smart money leaving NZ

Quote Originally Posted by whirly View Post
    Some big volume going through last few days. Nearly 4m traded at 510 half an hour ago.

Who's getting out and why?
    Hi Whirly.
    I don't know who and I don't know if there are more than one player, but there has been some very big exits on the 9th and 10th.
    SKT wasn't the only share that got Phaedrus favourite indicator (OBV) dented to the point of triggering a warning sign
    These shares I've noticed with above the norm daily trading volume and there is probably more out there
    SKC..26 M traded on the 10th
    AIA....4 M traded on the 9th
    FBU...11M traded on the 9th
    TEL...70M traded on the 10th
    CEN...1.4M traded on the 9th
    TWR..0.8M traded on the 9th

Where did this cashed up money go?
    From the NZ$ chart it seems it left NZ. The chart shows a primary uptrend break ...if that was smart money it certainly caused a gap down in the NZ$ index.
    Anyone know who it was exiting..a large fund institution heading for greener pastures or is there some dark economic clouds building ?

hmmm, that doesn't ease my mind one bit. Well spotted Hoop. You can add FPA(7.5m) and NPX(1.1m) to your list of huge volume on those days.

Shown here NZX index over past two years. These sell offs have happened sporadically but always preceding a downtrend. Index price is up since the selloff? Phaedrus, what's your take?

[IMG][/IMG]

Whirly maybe losing customers to freeview. must have a huge telemarketing campaign going at the moment. Two telemarketing calls in two days is a sign of desperation IMO
    Possum The Cat