sharetrader
Page 324 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 2242743143203213223233243253263273283343744248241324 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 14170

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    ...and of course, news about ViacomCBS (who own ten network in Oz...) does highlight that it is not absurd for infratil to take this opportunity to buy Sky...before someone else does.
    Some guy on the internet wrote that ViacomCBS is trying to flog off it's real estate. This suggests a balance sheet under stress.

Of course they may have friends in the Federal Reserve who shower them with freshly printed money.

In normal times one would assume handing out free money to take over a business on the far side of the world be against US public policy objectives. But these are not normal tines.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 01-07-2020 at 12:27 PM. Reason: grammar
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Advanced Member

More trolling for today....

Let's not forget that the CEO of Infatil, Marko Bogoievski was previously on the Sky TV board.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...bjectid=173974

And that he was involved in the take over of Sky TV back in 2003, as CFO of Spark.

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/...AE5A66CC0D2864

It's a Total Recall folks!

I heard Infratil is looking at taking over Johnny cabs as well.

Last edited by Ogg; 01-07-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Martin will be pissed off big time when Theresa takes over as CEO of the big new company

Total Recall
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    There was a cool program about Banksy on the Arts Channel the other night

I was outbid at last nights auction for some of his works

Maybe a Banksy is a far better investment than having a punt on SKT shares appreciating.
    I watched the auction on their live Facebook stream. Was great to watch but probably quite stressful as a bidder. Shame you missed out Winner. Love his works

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    I watched the auction on their live Facebook stream. Was great to watch but probably quite stressful as a bidder. Shame you missed out Winner. Love his works
    Thirty grand for Golf Sale was my limit

Art auctions bit like shares ....if you really want them you need to pay heaps more for something than you think is a fair price.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

New IFT shares start trading today.

I can see it all unfolding now. Dirty Money Goldman have facilitated a bidding punch up between IFT, Viacom and NBCUniversal.

The biggest issue the Sky Board have right now is that there are just too many serious offers coming through the door and there just aren’t enough hours in the day to fully analyse them all!

Advanced Member

New IFT shares start trading today.

I can see it all unfolding now. Dirty Money Goldman have facilitated a bidding punch up between IFT, Viacom and NBCUniversal.

The biggest issue the Sky Board have right now is that there are just too many serious offers coming through the door and there just aren’t enough hours in the day to fully analyse them all!
    Classic. Its kind of ironic that Sky is an entertainment company...the thread as well.
    My order still not filled.

Hi folks, could someone explain what the implications of this announcement is likely to be?

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...637/325680.pdf

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Woods View Post
    Hi folks, could someone explain what the implications of this announcement is likely to be?

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...637/325680.pdf
    Isn’t it obvious?

It means ViacomCBS, NBCUniversal and Infratil are all jockeying for position to take over the company.

Martin and the board are being taken out to very expensive dinners as we speak.

What other possible conclusion could one draw?

Membaa

What other possible conclusion could one draw?
    This large shareholder has been diluted into insignificance and forced to massively increase their holdings just to maintain their relative share of the company. The positive seems to be they wish to maintain their share, not increase it, not be diluted to oblivion. To extrapolate that to a buyout is fanciful, perpetuating the fancy of a buyout that has pervaded this thread for weeks now.