sharetrader
Page 255 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1552052452512522532542552562572582592653053557551255 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Yip. Be interesting to see how many lightbox customers take up the cheaper price although now not free
    My expectation is that a lot will.

The Spark broadband offer is strong. They are effectively saying that for the same price you would pay for a HD Netflix plan, if you take Spark broadband you can get Netflix AND the new NEON.

The amount of content available to consumers between those two subscriptions is huge. Covers all the premium Hulu, HBO, Showtime, FX content that Sky bring to the table plus the Netflix Originals.

That is what Sky is going to be up against when they release Sky Broadband. A Sky Broadband offer could be compelling in its own right - but consumers are going to be spoiled for choice that's for sure.

Guru

Here is an article on Stuff about it: https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/121...ontent-in-july

And of course our mate Chris Keall at The Herald can't help himself. Has to find a way to frame it as a bad news story...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12336554
    Last edited by mistaTea; 02-06-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Here is an article stuff about it: https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/121...ontent-in-july

And of course our mate Chris Keall at The herald can't help himself. Has to find a way to frame it as a bad news story...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12336554
    I like the ending.
    "Wealth manager Jarden has predicted that Spark will also exit sport. Spark CEO Jolie Hodson earlier told the Herald that was not correct but also declined to say if her company would bid for Sanzaar rights next time around, saying it was too early to make a comment.".

Ummmm So what 5 years away and its completely changed now. No more super rugby sanzaar appears dead in the water.
    They have the cricket and Premier league. Might be able to get nrl sooner.

Guru

I like the ending.
    "Wealth manager Jarden has predicted that Spark will also exit sport. Spark CEO Jolie Hodson earlier told the Herald that was not correct but also declined to say if her company would bid for Sanzaar rights next time around, saying it was too early to make a comment.".

Ummmm So what 5 years away and its completely changed now. No more super rugby sanzaar appears dead in the water.
    They have the cricket and Premier league. Might be able to get nrl sooner.
    That Jarden quote is an old one from before COVID.

I don’t think Spark are anywhere near throwing in the towel for sport.

Wow nz rugby didn't take up any rights. Big loss.

Guru

Wow nz rugby didn't take up any rights. Big loss.
    Yes but I don't think NZ rugby has any money left to take up the rights. So probably could not even if they wanted to.

Guru

From their latest announcement at 09:24...

"Details of the transactions or other events requiring disclosure: the issuance of 998,629,091 fully paid ordinary shares in Sky on 2 June 2020 at an issue price of NZ$0.12 per share, issued under the placement and institutional component of the fully underwritten accelerated entitlement offer announced to NZX on 21 May 2020, resulting in the dilution of Sky’s relevant interest in shares held by New Zealand Rugby Union Incorporated and RugbyPass Investors, LLC, as disclosed in the substantial product holder notice dated 17 February 2020."

So both NZR and RP did not take up their rights? Ouch.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Yes but I don't think NZ rugby has any money left to take up the rights. So probably could not even if they wanted to.
    Man I really thought they would beg borrow or steal to come up with all (or at least some) of the money to avoid dilution to oblivion.

I guess if there is no takeover in the coming months, they will just dump their shares now as soon as they are allowed to. Taking equity as part of the rights offer should have been great for them, but it really hasn't worked out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Man I really thought they would beg borrow or steal to come up with all (or at least some) of the money to avoid dilution to oblivion.

I guess if there is no takeover in the coming months, they will just dump their shares now as soon as they are allowed to. Taking equity as part of the rights offer should have been great for them, but it really hasn't worked out that way.
    Wouldn't they hold the stake longer term if their cash flow holds up in the next 12 months and see if longer term that Sky can return to paying dividends?

Possibly net sellers now. Seems little point holding 1.5% with further dilution from the retail component coming....

May as well sell out and raise the funds for the potentially impending legal action action against SKY withholding content rights payments... :-) :-)