sharetrader
Page 659 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1595596096496556566576586596606616626636697097591159 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,590 of 14171
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by DownTownJr View Post
    Ok 16.2, so the carnage wasn't so bad. I don't think the markets reaction today was justified. The new CEO has the experience no doubt to see Sky continuing in the right direction, who knows in the long run this might end up working in Sky's favor. Seems some share holders disliked Martin's approach.
    I actually like this Sophie girl (not because she's hot) but she's the right person to take over. She has the experience and is best suited for any takeover/merger negotiations as she handled the Lightbox merger and you need someone with good communication skills. The media will likely promote her heaps and it's good for Sky's image as women are seen as more trustworthy, something Sky has none of! This is just the person you want to front a company like this. I assume she's kiwi as well - enough of these expacs!

Martin was just a disaster. Although he was handed a hospital pass, even then, he made so many mistakes. Rugby Pass was terrible - overpaid and complete crap. Lightbox was a mistake too as long term movie/HBO streaming will never be profitable. The placement was the worst I've ever seen as it throw everyone under the bus, could have easily been avoided with cost cutting done quickly and RugbyPass not done etc. They had time with the bonds as well, could have been done at a better price than 12c. Raised far too much too. Broadband has just been sh*t. Too slow to roll out, too little too late etc. Sky Sport Now was probably the only good thing.

It's simple people! The satellite base is the only thing that's valuable. It's worth more than $250m! Just needs an offshore company (Discovery/ComCast) to come and buy it for $500m! Then this company can get delisted!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    I actually like this Sophie girl (not because she's hot) but she's the right person to take over. She has the experience and is best suited for any takeover/merger negotiations as she handled the Lightbox merger and you need someone with good communication skills. The media will likely promote her heaps and it's good for Sky's image as women are seen as more trustworthy, something Sky has none of! This is just the person you want to front a company like this. I assume she's kiwi as well - enough of these expacs!

Martin was just a disaster. Although he was handed a hospital pass, even then, he made so many mistakes. Rugby Pass was terrible - overpaid and complete crap. Lightbox was a mistake too as long term movie/HBO streaming will never be profitable. The placement was the worst I've ever seen as it throw everyone under the bus, could have easily been avoided with cost cutting done quickly and RugbyPass not done etc. They had time with the bonds as well, could have been done at a better price than 12c. Raised far too much too. Broadband has just been sh*t. Too slow to roll out, too little too late etc. Sky Sport Now was probably the only good thing.

It's simple people! The satellite base is the only thing that's valuable. It's worth more than $250m! Just needs an offshore company (Discovery/ComCast) to come and buy it for $500m! Then this company can get delisted!
    But if everything is so hopeless for Sky in the long run, and it really is such a dog - why should anyone be interested in buying it? Let alone paying half a billion dollars for it?

Since Sky is going to either lose all its premium sport and entertainment offerings (or end up having to pay way too much to keep it) then buying Sky would make no sense?

And if someone was prepared to pay $500M for Sky, then presumably they feel that the long term value of Sky is greater than that?
    So existing shareholders might not want to sell for 3x EBITDA?

Crazy thoughts from me I know!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    But if everything is so hopeless for Sky in the long run, and it really is such a dog - why should anyone be interested in buying it? Let alone paying half a billion dollars for it?

Since Sky is going to either lose all its premium sport and entertainment offerings (or end up having to pay way too much to keep it) then buying Sky would make no sense?

And if someone was prepared to pay $500M for Sky, then presumably they feel that the long term value of Sky is greater than that?
    So existing shareholders might not want to sell for 3x EBITDA?

Crazy thoughts from me I know!
    It's like when you're playing monopoly, and you have some weird piece you don't need. Someone else needs it though and it's worth more to them then it is to you.

Discovery can issue 40 year bonds for less than 2% interest. Sky would be the perfect bolt on business to MediaWorks. Another 1m customers and half a billion in revenue to keep their US based shareholders happy.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    It's like when you're playing monopoly, and you have some weird piece you don't need. Someone else needs it though and it's worth more to them then it is to you.

Discovery can issue 40 year bonds for less than 2% interest. Sky would be the perfect bolt on business to MediaWorks. Another 1m customers and half a billion in revenue to keep their US based shareholders happy.
    They will have to pry Sky TV out of my cold, dead hands...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    They will have to pry Sky TV out of my cold, dead hands...
    You've been watching the movie channel too much bro. Need to turn on Discovery channel a bit more...

Can somebody please tell me where the hell Blair has gone? He off shooting lightboxes first content feature “casper redux”?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Can somebody please tell me where the hell Blair has gone? He off shooting lightboxes first content feature “casper redux”?
    People just vanish inside this company.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    He's somewhere far, far away.
    Space I presume.
    Somewhere, out there, in his own orbit.

Actually, that's the other guy.
    What's his name?
    Last edited by tqtq; 01-12-2020 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Wrong person

Advanced Member

Wasn't Martin acting CFO as well? Literally no CFO for months and now the replacement gone.