sharetrader
Page 357 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 2573073473533543553563573583593603613674074578571357 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 14170

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    When its all said and done the shares continue their downtrend and from a technical perspective I think a test of their all time low of 12.5 cps looks likely.

I struggle to see what the catalyst is for a breakout of their current downtrend ? They've raised a bunch of capital at 12.0 cents...simple logic suggests to me that's where this is headed in the short term. Shareholders just as disenfranchised as subscribers ?
    Directbroking seems to show on an adjusted basis all time low is about 10 cents

I’m waiting along with RTM for something cheaper
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    It's always been a cash cow. Millions in dividends were paid out...... .

With respect, that doesn't answer the Question. If you are advocating that we invest in this great company, it would be helpful to know how well you (and the average SKT shareholder) have fared.

As a SKT shareholder, what is the "continued favourable return" you claim to have achieved with your investment?

For example what has been the average % dividend return pa over (say) the last 5 yrs?

What share price gain/loss have you experienced over the same time?

Share price gain/loss % plus dividend yield % = your av percentage return. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Thanks, yeah...make sense to wait for the downtrend to stop, whenever that might be ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I enjoy buying shares in downtrends, when there is good value on the table I say grab it. Sure the shares could keep falling but realistically how much downside it there really left? The shares could bounce violently on any given day while you've missed out completely not wanting to chase the SP up.

Sky at 0.127 is a good deal, I would argue almost as good as OCA was at $0.50, sometimes it just makes sense to take a good deal when it's offered.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

I am of the opinion that adjusting historical prices for SPP's is a big NO-NO...

...and if you are going to do it at least apply it from the correct date, that spike is appalling.

Meanwhile my $1.7M offer for the company still stands even if ASBSec keeps rejecting my buy order .
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Sharsies crowd saying SKT not worth it at any price. But BGI is still worth 9c+.....
    This so much. A genuine business that's in the black, with a tonne of assets, now only has a market cap of $220m~
    Compared to some unknown investment company that the higher management have been offloading shares left right and centre, has a momentary "market cap" of $70m... makes absolutely no sense at all.

Don't forget the sharesies crowd are the ones who invests anywhere from a few dollars to a few hundred dollars in shares and gets overjoyed when their portfolio returns are hitting double digit figures, so I would fully discount what they say most of the time, also they're the crowd who is "embracing the technology, and satellites are for boomers who has 1 foot in a coffin" mentality, naturally they would trash talk SKT as much as they could.

~12.7cps, on a business that is earning money, in this climate, and has solid plans to grow it's user base (broadband packages, NEON), I would love to buy more but somehow the "market" is dead set on burying this company 6 foot deep for no genuine reason that I can see, except chanting "it's dying, it's dying", but it's not?

Colour be confused.

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    I enjoy buying shares in downtrends, when there is good value on the table I say grab it. Sure the shares could keep falling but realistically how much downside it there really left? The shares could bounce violently on any given day while you've missed out completely not wanting to chase the SP up.

Sky at 0.127 is a good deal, I would argue almost as good as OCA was at $0.50, sometimes it just makes sense to take a good deal when it's offered.
    At which point in this down trend would you have started to buy?

CleanShot 2020-08-03 at 09.33.44.png

From $6.20 to $4? From $4 to $2? From $2 to $1? From $1 to 50c? From 50c to 25c? From 25c to 12.5c?

Any novice share traders should absolutely not follow the advice above.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    I am of the opinion that adjusting historical prices for SPP's is a big NO-NO...
    Absolutely! To do so otherwise is a total misrepresentation
    Last edited by Entrep; 03-08-2020 at 08:40 AM.

Guru

For some obscure reason (I am not complaining) Sky are still offering me free movies when they said the offer would expire on the 31st July.

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    At which point in this down trend would you have started to buy?

CleanShot 2020-08-03 at 09.33.44.png

From $6.20 to $4? From $4 to $2? From $2 to $1? From $1 to 50c? From 50c to 25c? From 25c to 12.5c?

Any novice share traders should absolutely not follow the advice above.

Absolutely! To do so otherwise is a total misrepresentation
    I'm not advocating to buy a downtrend for the sake of it being in a downtrend, I didn't start seeing value in Sky shares until recently so my average cost base is very low.

When I look at the depth of the buy and sell quotes, there is never any real volume showing. E.g, at 12.9 there are 700,000 shares being sold by 5 orders. That's an average of 140,000 shares per seller with a average value of $18,000. Hardly market moving stuff normally and I assume it is retail. Whether it is sharesies I have no idea. However the buy side looks the same. The institutional holders would all have enough stock at 12c through the placement and the sub-underwrite, so they are hardly likely to step up above 13 - but the unknown is how many traded out at 14+. Disc I'm a holder at 12, 13.7 and 16, did own it way way back when it was a monopoly and sold out at $5.35. I see some value here despite it not being anywhere near that monopoly anymore. Happy to wait it out.