sharetrader
Page 574 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 744745245645705715725735745755765775785846246741074 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,740 of 14173

With all this going on why is there still so many shares on sale. Who are these people selling

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    With all this going on why is there still so many shares on sale. Who are these people selling
    They're stuck in the system...

A bunch of bag holders for the past 5 years of decline is your answer Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceZ View Post
    Trust power - meant to be together

Aaron Spiller & The Gooch would approve of any takeover.

Obviously people who do not keep up with the gossip on these pages.

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Obviously people who do not keep up with the gossip on these pages.
    Or possibly people who don't make investment decisions based on "gossip". That's the definition of insanity.

If there is zero coverage of any of this crazy speculation, not even Bloomberg Terminal coverage, it clearly is just that - speculation.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kyanar View Post
    Or possibly people who don't make investment decisions based on "gossip". That's the definition of insanity.

If there is zero coverage of any of this crazy speculation, not even Bloomberg Terminal coverage, it clearly is just that - speculation.
    Agreed, even the purchase of TV3 by Discovery was leaked to the media long before the deal happened. These things never keep quiet for long if they are in the works.

But the endless takeover speculation with the old “ok guys - this time it really IS happening because <insert latest bs story> is amusing to watch.

I do hope nobody has actually bought shares based on he scuttlebutt on this forum. But no doubt there are some patsy’s who have.

I think airedale is talking about keeping up with the gossip about who has been selling shares, not the speculation of a takeover. It's obvious some people here are in it for the takeover jib without any of their own research judging by their comments, but as airedale stated you should keep up the gossip and you'd realise those who have all rights to piece together speculation of a merger/takeover has expressed that it is only their opinion and no one should follow suit.

Speculation aside, SKT is a buy. New set top box on the way, broadband, Neon, re-working current packages and future moves into mobile and potentially energy (not that I heard them say energy)

At 15cents a share it's a buy all day long, it's only due time until the SP starts to increase, although I was hoping that would have been on the 10th.

If anyone is buying out of pure speculation and thoughts shared amongst the group here then you are a fool.

For the record I do love the speculation talk amongst the group here, it makes SKT a fun stock to watch. But I'm not going out and buying from said rumours.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Agreed, even the purchase of TV3 by Discovery was leaked to the media long before the deal happened. These things never keep quiet for long if they are in the works.

But the endless takeover speculation with the old “ok guys - this time it really IS happening because <insert latest bs story> is amusing to watch.

I do hope nobody has actually bought shares based on he scuttlebutt on this forum. But no doubt there are some patsy’s who have.
    The Discovery deal got leaked to the media because they were buying a media company! It wasn't a secret it was for sale, it was just a question of who the buyer was. Mediaworks is a private company as well. Pretty sure they told the employees about the arrangement as Discovery were buying the assets, not the business.

Anyway, it's a fact that Infratil are about to buy something. They've recently raised capital and said it was for an acquisition. They've created a holding company, which means their announcement is imminent. It's just a question of what are they going to buy? Are they going to buy NZR, like another rumor that's going around or something else? They not buying an airport that's for sure. It's obvious their investment is going into data infrastructure as they've signaled that and so has Brookfield.

The most obvious sign that it's likely Sky, is not only is it data infrastructure, but it's also a distressed asset and if you read the Infratil announcement it said they were looking for distressed assets effected by covid.

Finally, reserving the company name the day after the AGM, to me, is just so obvious, that it makes me laugh. I'm so convinced that it's happening, that I actually go about my day believing it's already happened.
    Last edited by Ogg; 20-10-2020 at 09:28 AM.