sharetrader
Page 195 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 951451851911921931941951961971981992052452956951195 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 14170
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Playa View Post
    I really hope Sky survive this,a lot of people knock them but they have been a great platform for watching sport for many years.
    I think their FY20 results will still be decent enough. If you think about it, the clamp down for sport really started in earnest mid March.

So they had already earned most of what they were going to earn for FY20 (which reports to June). There will be subscriber losses from this for sure, but they will have reatined many Sport existing subs by offering some freebies for the next few months.
    And they do have a lot of replays and other features on at the moment for old matches - they have a large catalogue and some of the stuff could be worth a watch for nostaligia sake.

Assuming things can go 'back to normal' within the next few months, FY21 should be decent enough. The Sporting codes will want to get back to it ASAP (they need to start earning again!) and fans will be hungry for it too.

I see the SP did a big yo-yo yesterday. Up 30% only to crash back down to 19c. To suggest that the entire business could theoretically be purchased for $83M baffles me.

But you can probably all tell from now - it doesn't take ahelluva lot to baffle me!

they would have quite a large catalogue of product on the rugby channel that they could start showing on sky sport.Perhaps a 4 week pass would be popular given the current 4 week isolation period starting tomorrow.Perhaps i'm wrong but I do see this as an opportunity for Sky to reach out to new and old customers,with good specials,and offers to keep people occupied, especially the kids who could well be driving their parents nuts fairly quickly.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    they would have quite a large catalogue of product on the rugby channel that they could start showing on sky sport.Perhaps a 4 week pass would be popular given the current 4 week isolation period starting tomorrow.Perhaps i'm wrong but I do see this as an opportunity for Sky to reach out to new and old customers,with good specials,and offers to keep people occupied, especially the kids who could well be driving their parents nuts fairly quickly.
    I don't know about that. Unless one is a rugby "tragic" I think old games quickly pale - how many 2005 Lions tour games are enough? Personally, I've cancelled Sky Sport for the meantime, although SKY are slow to react to my cancellation. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and blame circumstances.

Loved some old contents that we missed previously. Nothing much to watch anymore. Some entertainment freebies are good but not enough. Sky may look for alternative ways of engaging young people, e.g. a sports channel for online play.

Advanced Member

Back up 30% now. What a ride, lol.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Back up 30% now. What a ride, lol.
    Crazy times!

In a statement to the NZX today, Sky says that it has offered domestic customers a range of options during this period. This domestic customer has not heard anything from them. Has anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    In a statement to the NZX today, Sky says that it has offered domestic customers a range of options during this period. This domestic customer has not heard anything from them. Has anyone else?
    Yeah, they are meaning free movie channels to those that had the sports channels and cant watch sports.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Do you subscribe to Sky Sport? Only sport customers have been impacted...so they are the ones being offered some free add-ons if they keep their sport sub going.

I have Sky Sport NOW and as of yet have not heard anything. Not sure if they will add any kind of subsidy for me yet.

I pay so little I don't really care at this stage tbh.

Not like Blackcap! Christ Almighty! A hundy a month! Not only would I expect free movies, but I would also expect Martin Stewart to lick my bloody ass for that!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post

Not like Blackcap! Christ Almighty! A hundy a month! Not only would I expect free movies, but I would also expect Martin Stewart to lick my bloody ass for that!

Haha!!

I am quite enjoying the selection of movies from the 7 channels. Have the MySky and been taping some of the ones on offer. So plenty to do during the 4 weeks, although I think markets will keep me pre-occupied most of the time.
    Thanks again to Sky for coming to the party. Just in the nick of time as far as I am concerned.