sharetrader
Page 784 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2846847347747807817827837847857867877887948348841284 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,840 of 14173
    Guru

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/vocus...tarlink-563117

I see Vocus NZ are getting into the satellite business...

Cage worthy.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    https://www.itnews.com.au/news/vocus...tarlink-563117

I see Vocus NZ are getting into the satellite business...

Cage worthy.
    Starlink is a direct competitor to Spark and other rural broadband suppliers (including now Sky Broadband), and an indirect competitor to Sky Satellite TV in that it will enable fast enough rural broadband to allow alternative streaming OTT content services to customers who currently have no other choice but Sky/freeview.

Starlink should be an impetus for Sky to more quickly embrace the content-first company ethos even more and get SkyGo available as a purely streaming offering sooner rather than later.

Part of me thinks they should perhaps even look at a sale/lease-back of their entire satellite operation, in which I mean the install base of satellite dishes & set top boxes, and the satellite bandwidth leased from the satellite operator. Sounds a bit crazy I know, but if they did a sale and leaseback arrangement for say 8 years that equates to something like an annual lease cost equivalent to 8% of the upfront sale price it may be attractive to someone (and also would mean after 8 years it would likely mean Sky isn't hobbled with a bunch of stranded assets with little worth - highly likely it could go without satellite assets then and can rely fully on OTT streaming solutions).

I have no idea how you would value that deal so it would stack up financially, and who would be willing to be the other partner. I just really like the idea of Sky being able to raise a huge amount of cash upfront for an asset that is destined to quickly become worthless.

I have been thinking how Sky could rebrand from the image of dying Satellite TV. My thought was that with Sky having no debt and some money to burn, should use 200 mill to become a residential property investor. Kiwis' would struggle to say Sky had no future if they own heaps of property.
    Added bonus with every house they buy they can put a satellite on the roof and charge the tenant for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    I have been thinking how Sky could rebrand from the image of dying Satellite TV. My thought was that with Sky having no debt and some money to burn, should use 200 mill to become a residential property investor. Kiwis' would struggle to say Sky had no future if they own heaps of property.
    Added bonus with every house they buy they can put a satellite on the roof and charge the tenant for it.
    Great idea! It's like Microsoft bundling IE with each Windows OS they sell

Advanced Member

What the hell is Spark up to?

Guru

More buyers than sellers for Sky now for a few days in a row.

Shareprice has stabilised (and is gradually lifting) due to less people who got in at around 12c taking profits as well as more people starting to show interest in buying Sky?

Advanced Member

The top apps on the Apple Store. Don't ever let anyone tell you that Sky operates a dying business.
    IMG_0043.JPG

Advanced Member

Actually I just found out that apparently they asked all subscribers to download the new app but still ain't bad.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post

What the hell is Spark up to?

How did they hear that someone is going around reserving random Company names though ?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    How did they hear that someone is going around reserving random Company names though ?
    It's $10 a pop to register a name.

Do you think someone shelled out $110 for a gag?