sharetrader
Page 662 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1625626126526586596606616626636646656666727127621162 ... LastLast
Results 6,611 to 6,620 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    This is my new theory.

Glen KYNE, director of Discovery NZ Ltd, is also a director of Bravo TV Ltd, which is a JV between Discovery and ComCast.

I'm thinking a JV takeover of Sky TV by Discovery and ComCast.

ComCast would provided entertainment (and Neon after spinning it off), Discovery would provided news through mediaworks and documentary content.

50/50 ownership model. Sky platform would be used to promote DiscoveryPlus and PeacockTV.

USD $200m from each would be petty cash ~32c per share.

Put Sophie in charge of the whole thing. $3m salary plus bonus.

Thoughts?
    I think it all depends if these companies want to get into BB and mobile etc.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
    I think it all depends if these companies want to get into BB and mobile etc.
    Perhaps...but Discovery didn't want to get into news, but here it is with 3 News.

It's so easy to get into and out of broadband anyway. There are a million companies doing it in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Perhaps...but Discovery didn't want to get into news, but here it is with 3 News.

It's so easy to get into and out of broadband anyway. There are a million companies doing it in NZ.
    50 according to this good article thanks tqtq

For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Morningstar holding their valuation of Sky at 30c.
    Event analysis

Signal Disruptions Spread to Sky Management
    The sudden resignation of Sky Network Television's CEO Martin Stewart is disconcerting for two reasons. First, an abrupt leadership change negatively impacts investor and employee sentiment in any organisation. But it is particularly unsettling for one undergoing a fundamental transformation amidst unrelenting structural headwinds. Given these challenges at the operating level, the last thing Sky investors need are similar disruptions at the management level. Second, the CEO resignation comes less than three months after the previous CFO Blair Woodbury vacated his position to become a "strategic advisor to the Chief Executive." It means the two key architects of Sky's current strategic plan to become a multiplatform subscription service provider are gone, further unnerving investor sentiment.

Fortunately, the new CEO Sophie Moloney presents some leadership continuity. She has served as Chief Legal, People and Partnerships Officer since joining Sky in 2018, and boasts experience in overseas pay TV markets since 2003. Most recently as the Chief Commercial Officer, Moloney also would have been instrumental in charting the course for Sky's transformation journey. As such, there are unlikely to be any major changes to the group's current strategy to accelerate investment in streaming services and marquee content, while rationalising its non-content-related costs.

We maintain our earnings forecasts and our NZD 0.30 per share fair value estimate for Sky (AUD 0.28 at current exchange rate). Shares in the no-moat-rated group remain at a significant discount to our intrinsic assessment, the realisation of which is now up to the execution capability of the new CEO and the team she assembles (including the new CFO). And the first test will be how she manages to cushion the potential earnings snapback from the current COVID-19-induced hiatus in "cord-cutting" and lower sports rights costs—dynamics that recently led to the rare profit guidance upgrade for fiscal 2021.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    It’s not lost. Just misplaced!
    Exactly.
    If you have a look in Ronnie Xue's warehouse, you may find it..

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Morningstar holding their valuation of Sky at 30c.
    Event analysis
    Great to hear that Morningstar is holding Sky's valuation!
    Even though Brian Han's not particularly hot on Cable or FTA v's OTT.

Quote Originally Posted by tqtq View Post
    Great to hear that Morningstar is holding Sky's valuation!
    Even though Brian Han's not particularly hot on Cable or FTA v's OTT.
    Or even though Morningstar have no clue and a regrettable history of valuations.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Or even though Morningstar have no clue and a regrettable history of valuations.
    Exactly. If Morningstar were bullish on Sky or putting on a premium not based upon the company's fundamentals I'd be concerned.

I think it's time for Sky to get out of Dodge. The company has kept like fish on the NZX. So perhaps Sky should just delist and move the shares over to the ASX. I think that's the only way to get the share price up to where it should be. The company's share price death spiral has obviously burned a lot of Kiwi investors, so much so that most can't look at the investment opportunity objectively, which is understandable, even though it's turning around. If Sky were to move to the ASX entirely, the NZX would stop dragging Sky SP down, Sky would be out of scope to idiot investment houses like Forsythe Barr. Sky would find a new market amongst booming media stocks that could look at the stock dispassionately. Asset managers would stop trying to offload the stock because it would be going up. And management would get some much needed breathing room. Just a thought. A buy back, dividends or share consolidation (as per the ideas floated here before) would be a step in the right direction too.
    Last edited by tqtq; 03-12-2020 at 09:26 PM.