sharetrader
Page 647 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 1475475976376436446456466476486496506516576977471147 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,470 of 14170

Quote Originally Posted by ados_nz View Post
    Closer to 30c IMO but agree with your trigger points... Sans any Vocus play.
    No point going for vocus.
    Create your own value and business. Rather than buy something then find it was overvalued the keep writing off good will. At least this starts from scratch so it can only grow and not get smaller.
    The existing customer base is something sine company's can only dream about when offering new services.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    No point going for vocus.
    Create your own value and business. Rather than buy something then find it was overvalued the keep writing off good will. At least this starts from scratch so it can only grow and not get smaller.
    The existing customer base is something sine company's can only dream about when offering new services.
    Damn right. Vocus would more than likely be a bad move as they would over pay to get it.

1M subs - Christ, most companies could only dream of having that kind of penetration.

And remember, 1M subs will be the equivalent of over 2M New Zealanders that their product can reach 24/7, 365 days a year. That’s a lot of people to reach out to for marketing new offers.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I agree with anyone who says I am going to be filthy rich soon...
    Haha! Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    We will soon find out I guess.
    Bumps in share price will be
    1. Half year results
    2 conformation of osb sale
    3 Broadband launch

Share price after all these bumps 22 cents
    What's everyone's else's thinking.
    I’m close to what Ados thinks too now which is circa 30c. The shares are worth more but I think it’s going to take a bit longer for the market to appreciate Sky’s turnaround story. Perhaps 33.5 which is halfway between Forsythe Barr and Fat Phrophets target.

Completely agree and I hope there isn't a play here by Sky. But like all good OGG takeover theories it can't be completely ruled out yet.

After broadband release, OSB sell off and half year results, I would like to see around 22-25. Full year results surely around 30cents. Would love to be wrong on all counts and see a 40cent share price lol.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DownTownJr View Post
    After broadband release, OSB sell off and half year results, I would like to see around 22-25. Full year results surely around 30cents. Would love to be wrong on all counts and see a 40cent share price lol.
    What will it take for Sky to be valued at $1B?

What will it take for Sky to be valued at $1B?
    I have no idea. But I do have faith in Martin and as a past consumer of Sky products the reason why we cancelled Sky was because of cost. We enjoyed watching Discovery, National Geographic etc and movies, but didn't want to pay the full cost of Sky just for the few channels we enjoyed.

I am most looking forward to seeing how they repackage these bundles, especially with the chance of a new STB that could cut the cost of the monthly fee, although it's a shame the STB is such a long way out.

If Sky can continue to grow their consumer numbers and decrease churn, bundle some new packages with sport + neon + broadband etc, then we could be in for some exciting times.

Or even better leave it up to OGG for a takeover conspiracy.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DownTownJr View Post
    I have no idea. But I do have faith in Martin and as a past consumer of Sky products the reason why we cancelled Sky was because of cost. We enjoyed watching Discovery, National Geographic etc and movies, but didn't want to pay the full cost of Sky just for the few channels we enjoyed.

I am most looking forward to seeing how they repackage these bundles, especially with the chance of a new STB that could cut the cost of the monthly fee, although it's a shame the STB is such a long way out.

If Sky can continue to grow their consumer numbers and decrease churn, bundle some new packages with sport + neon + broadband etc, then we could be in for some exciting times.

Or even better leave it up to OGG for a takeover conspiracy.
    Martin and his team maintain my full support.

He has had to make some tough calls, but the right calls. No doubt he has not executed everything 100%, but what human being is perfect?

I think he has learned a lot about Sky and NZ over the last year or so...and overall he has been leading the company in the right direction.

Can he pull off one of the great turnaround stories of NZ corporate history? Only time will tell, but on the balance of probabilities...I say yes.

And at the current low SP, I hope they elect for buybacks next year instead of re-establishing a dividend.

And at the current low SP, I hope they elect for buybacks next year instead of re-establishing a dividend.
    I would be in favor of a buyback, way to many shares currently available and would bring some stability and not see thousands of shares for sale. Have a feeling they will opt for a dividend, as a dividend will be more appealing to future investors.