sharetrader
Page 167 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 671171571631641651661671681691701711772172676671167 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 14170
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Exactly correct. I want sport. But I am paying the $50 a month starter price just so I can access sport. Well its $25 now but still far too high. Nice to get Soho for free though as we do watch a bit on that channel.
    Sky need to work through the numbers to see what is workable, but I would be aiming for something like:

1. New Sport Bundle (equivalent of starter + Sky Sport + MySky) for $49.99/month 12 month contract (the same price they charge for Sky Sport NOW if you take the 'no contract' option).
    2. New Movies + SOHO bundle that can be added to the Sport bundle for $20/month
    3. Offer other bundles (like Sky Entertainment) for cheaper than the stand alone price if they add it to existing packages.

I reckon a lot of people would be happy to add (2) to (1) at that price point and have a lot of entertainment (something for everyone in the family) for $69.99 per month.

They could use the same thinking to offer other bundles at attractive offerings for the many customers who do not want sport too.

What they need to do in principle is simple. It's just getting the numbers right so Sky can still make a reasonable profit while satellite customers don't feel like they are being taken for a ride.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 12-11-2019 at 11:52 AM.

When do SKY's satellite contracts with OPTUS come up for renewal. I suggest SKY will tell OPTUS they need to offer a realistic price if they want the contract renewed.

In Aotearoa satellite is no longer the only media distrubtion method avaliable.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    When do SKY's satellite contracts with OPTUS come up for renewal. I suggest SKY will tell OPTUS they need to offer a realistic price if they want the contract renewed.
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/328838

Renewed last year to 2031.

Disney+ available from Tuesday @ $9.99 a month or $99.99 p.a

Disney reported 10M+ subs already after only being live for one week in USA, Canada and the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post

Disney reported 10M+ subs already after only being live for one week in USA, Canada and the Netherlands.
    but apparently they screwed up opening day bigtime. Streaming failures I read somewhere.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post

Seems pretty reasonable. We are without extra services (other than the extra month Spark kindly provided) at the moment and I am wondering what to get. Suppose I should have a look at SKY and see what they are offering, but my better half is pretty keen on rejoining Netflix.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertain...ectid=12260073
    Last edited by RTM; 15-11-2019 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Correction

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Seems pretty reasonable. We are without extra services (other than the extra month Spark kindly provided) at the moment and I am wondering what to get. Suppose I should have a look at SKY and see what they are offering, but my better half is pretty keen on rejoining Netflix.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertain...ectid=12260073
    NEON only costs $13.95/month now and there is a lot of good HBO and Showtime content on there. You gotta watch Succession if you haven't already! In my view NEON has the largest range of premium content.

Netflix HD is about $16/month or so I think, still very reasonable but you have to navigate through a lot of ****e on their platform. Having said that, I am very excited to watch the next season of The Crown which comes out on Sunday They do have some goodies. And if you are willing to stump up $20/month or so you can get it in 4K...not bad at all!

Membaa

Another downgrade and a long wait to Feb for an update on how the new strategy is working out. Expecting more SP pressure before this finds a bottom

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Another downgrade and a long wait to Feb for an update on how the new strategy is working out. Expecting more SP pressure before this finds a bottom
    EBITDA of $170-190m equates to 39-43.5c per share. Depreciation I think is pretty grunty, but non-cash. Just what they do with those FCF's....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    EBITDA of $170-190m equates to 39-43.5c per share. Depreciation I think is pretty grunty, but non-cash. Just what they do with those FCF's....
    Well, historically, most of that FCF went straight into shareholders pockets by way of dividend.

At the moment, though earnings are down (and pressure on earnings will remain for some time...) they still generate healthy FCF. Critics have pointed out Sky TV's faults for years - and for the most part, they are right.

So those healthy FCF's must be spent in the near term on new, modern platforms that customers want to use...that are easy to subscribe to, and offer bundles at price points people will accept in the Age of OTT providers.

The market has not reacted too savagely today because that intensive CAPEX was pretty well factored in to the current low SP. I am actually pleasantly surprised they are expecting revenues to be as high as predicted. Perhaps they have managed to slow the attritition of their satellite base somewhat.

Feb results not far away, so we won't be left wondering long.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 18-11-2019 at 01:04 PM.