sharetrader
Page 880 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 3807808308708768778788798808818828838848909309801380 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,800 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Except Spark Sports App is WAY WAY superior to the Sky Sports Now app. I truly hope this piece of sh*t app gets upgraded. I'm paying $39.99 a month for this.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Except Spark Sports App is WAY WAY superior to the Sky Sports Now app. I truly hope this piece of sh*t app gets upgraded. I'm paying $39.99 a month for this.
    Agree - best case we get to buy SS like we did Lightbox.

Spark build really nice apps - better than Sky do that's for sure!

I like this model...Spark build it, we buy it

Sorry to rehash this but is the NRL signing apart of the reason for the change in investor day dates? Ie they can present their strategy clearer?

Don't ruin this big day for me.

ok, ok, less logic, more conspiracy!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Agree - best case we get to buy SS like we did Lightbox.

Spark build really nice apps - better than Sky do that's for sure!

I like this model...Spark build it, we buy it
    Just to make sure my only issue is with the app. Well I have another that they don't have an in-house editor so highlight packages sometimes take ages to come online. The production (especially Rugby games) is unmatched in the world IMO. That's from the Production box to the camera team etc. Absolute top notch (except Justin Marshall)

Don't ruin this big day for me.

There's room on here just saying

jack-and-rose.jpg

Guru

Guru

They better hurry the f**k up

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/23/t...ath/index.html

Looks like John couldn't handle the wait for the Investor Day and the low trading value of his Sky shares got to him...

Advanced Member

Sky Partners With Discovery Nz To Serve Wimbledon

https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/CU21...-wimbledon.htm

What's the point of this? Buy TV3 so you can give away free content but customers still pay?

Discovery gives Sky some cash for this deal presumably, which I don't mind since its a middle of the night event that not many will watch, and the die hard tennis fans that will watch it are all subscribed to sky anyway.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Discovery gives Sky some cash for this deal presumably, which I don't mind since its a middle of the night event that not many will watch, and the die hard tennis fans that will watch it are all subscribed to sky anyway.
    Really interesting to watch how the business keeps evolving. No way would you see old Sky doing stuff like this.

I think it is a good deal for a number of reasons:

1. Deepens relationship with Discovery as a valued partner. Bodes well for future negotiations if we keep finding new ways to partner with them.
    2. Yes Discovery will pay Sky $x for the right to broadcast the tennis. Another way of thinking about this is that Discovery are effectively reducing our Wimbledon content cost. However existing subs are not going to cancel Sky Sport just because some of the tennis will be free on TV3. And people who are going to sign up for a new Sky Sport sub are unlikely to shelf that plan just because some tennis is going to be on TV3.

I think it is a win-win.

They may do other Deals with Discovery - maybe let them broadcast the final Bledisloe Cup match. Deals like that where it will have zero impact on Sky subs yet bring in more revenue and further enhance/deepen our relationship with Discovery so they don't screw us in later years by taking everything OTT.