sharetrader
Page 605 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1055055555956016026036046056066076086096156557051105 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,050 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    The question is, would Spark be allowed to acquire Sky considering there is now strong competition in the market?
    Interesting question. I'd argue why would they want to? They have access to the content already through their partnership agreement, without needing to deal with the hassle of negotiating with rights holders. They've got the best of both worlds right now.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kyanar View Post
    Interesting question. I'd argue why would they want to? They have access to the content already through their partnership agreement, without needing to deal with the hassle of negotiating with rights holders. They've got the best of both worlds right now.
    Perhaps, however...

If Sky go into the broadband market it will take away market share from Spark. It will add another $700m revenue to their top line. If they combine the business together they could strip out a lot of other costs. There will be good opportunities with the upcoming 5G deployment to bundle this with 4k video content. If Spark can pick Sky up for $500m then it's a good fit.

But yes, partnership model may be better suited for them. A content generating company like Discovery, may be a better fit for Sky.

In the end, it all comes down to price. Will Sky shareholders be happy selling out for 20 or 25 cents?

Come on Ogg. Enough of the take over talk. The fundamentals of sky are good and the price should be around 20 cents at least... The market doesn't think so and need more evidence of a turnaround which will show more in the fy results next year. The half year may so improvements but will help stabilise the share price do we stop seeing these stupid drops. Even if the share market tanks over the coming weeks sky shares won't be overly affected due to it already being undervalued. If it drops alot which I'd be surprised then more opportunity for me. There's not alot of bargains out there this one is. I am tired of takeover talk in fact it bores me now. Bring on the future if sky as things are looking bright

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Perhaps, however...

If Sky go into the broadband market it will take away market share from Spark. It will add another $700m revenue to their top line. If they combine the business together they could strip out a lot of other costs. There will be good opportunities with the upcoming 5G deployment to bundle this with 4k video content. If Spark can pick Sky up for $500m then it's a good fit.

But yes, partnership model may be better suited for them. A content generating company like Discovery, may be a better fit for Sky.

In the end, it all comes down to price. Will Sky shareholders be happy selling out for 20 or 25 cents?
    Does Sky's deal with Chorus for broadband prevent a deal with Spark? Or does Spark buy its broadband from Chorus? Sounds like Sky could be in a good position to acquire Spark Sport soon, possibly after Summer?

Quote Originally Posted by tqtq View Post
    Does Sky's deal with Chorus for broadband prevent a deal with Spark? Or does Spark buy its broadband from Chorus? Sounds like Sky could be in a good position to acquire Spark Sport soon, possibly after Summer?
    Chorus is the wholesaler from whom Spark retails broadband, yes (Spark used to be Telecom Retail, Chorus was Telecom Wholesale - they were the same company until structural separation).

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/29/...oduct-features

May Netflix price increases also come to NZ please lol. But seriously. Neon has some very good content and I'm hearing more and more people are getting fed up of Netflix. Move back to Sky in the future.

What are the chances of an interim dividend in the new year?

Quote Originally Posted by DownTownJr View Post
    https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/29/...oduct-features

May Netflix price increases also come to NZ please lol. But seriously. Neon has some very good content and I'm hearing more and more people are getting fed up of Netflix. Move back to Sky in the future.
    They are offering 50% off first 2 months, prices still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by tqtq View Post
    Chorus are the dominant player that Spark deals with, however we should also bare in mind that there are other LFC's involved such as Ultrafast, Enable and Northpower.

Guru

Pretty average opinion piece on stuff today.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/opini...ixes-one-thing

The writer opines that sky’s streaming capability is largely confined to sport. Incorrect as NEON is more popular than Sky Sport NOW.
    Both NEON and Sky Sport NOW are on good platforms so not sure where he is going with the whole ‘Sky’s tech ain’t up to scratch relative to competitors’ angle.

Sky GO is also very very popular with satellite subs. Needs an overhaul though - which is underway and the new app will be released soon.

Reading through the article, there are clearly huge gaps in the authors knowledge. So he does what Chris Keall does when this happens - just make it up.

One thing he is right about though - the SP is absolutely in the toilet and Mr Market does not like our business very much at all!