sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rustycage View Post
    If that’s the case, I’m very interested to hear about their plans to deploy the prodigious FCF Sky is generating. Even more so after the funds from the property sale come in
    Most of it will go on rolling out the new skybox, and also on additional sky broadband customers. Both of those efforts cost a large amount of upfront capital (to pay for the end user hardware) - the cost of which is recouped very slowly over the course of a couple of years. So Sky needs a big increase in working capital to pay for all the hardware upfront.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    I got the impression from today’s “Investor newsletter” that dividends or share buybacks are off the table.

Share price hasn’t budged today on this update.
    The full para suggests otherwise to me..

"The Board is committed to recycling capital to reinvest in areasof the business that create the most value for our customersand, ultimately, our shareholders. Subject to satisfactorycompletion of the property sale process, the Board will finalisea capital management strategy and provide details of this atthe Interim Results in February 2022."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    I got the impression from today’s “Investor newsletter” that dividends or share buybacks are off the table.

Share price hasn’t budged today on this update.
    As has been pointed out, it isn't an either or. They should have sufficient funds to provide some shareholder relief by way of a dividend- and give the SP a boost - and to reinvest in the business. SKY has been banging the drum about investing for the future and ignored the present. Shareholders have been more than patient and some reward needs to come their way - and soon.

... have power to make you great

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Habits; 26-11-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    That you Sophie?! nga mihi thank you for the words of encouragement. keep up the mahi!!
    That was pretty good timing with the release of the newsletter today. Even Ogg is giving them a chance now! I'm pretty happy with what I've read today.

Lol that is gold. My opinion is that, the longer the tail end of COVID-19 extends for, the longer people will remain indoors. This in turn may increase/maintain Sky's revenue. I was ready to buy more at $1.68 last week but couldn't get any, if it gets to that price point again, I will be buying more.

I couldn't even get any @ $1.72

Advanced Member

I see the Super Rugby season schedule has been thrown into limbo given the Governments timing for border reopening with Australia meaning trans Tasman games are not going to work well. I’m actually ok with this if it means we get another season of Super Rugby Aotearoa, which in my opinion is the far superior competition to watch (especially if they have a 6th team this year in the form of one of the Pacifica sides - that would mean 3 games per weekend). I would rather watch 3 NZ super games a week than 6 games including the useless Australian teams.

Does Sky have a business hub/analyst website affiliate?

If someone was interested in taking over SKY at $2.3, Surely they are still interested now at $1.70..
    I wonder what would be the magic number for Sky shareholders to agree to it.
    I think most are getting a bit tired of it all