sharetrader
Page 10 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420601105101010 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    The reference to paying the special dividend to payout IC's (as opposed to surplus cash) must signify that they expect a sell down by News Corp (note: if News Corp sold, all IC would be forfeited).

There have been rumours so this indication by the board can only cement them??
    Boom!!!

Anyone getting in on the action?

I'm fully invested so not looking at it.

I have already put my order in.

Best to stay clear of some of these sell downs.

Look at the AIA sell down.

Hedge funds got involved and the sp fell 5 cents below placement price as they sold down.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Hedge funds got involved and the sp fell 5 cents below placement price as they sold down.
    But they soon recovered???
    Soolaimon

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Money is scarce as most investors are "all in". ...Look at others such as AIA ATM STU, it has taken them a long time to absorb the surplus "available" shares into the market
    If the SKT is sweet enough >$4.75??..I wonder which share or shares the investors would dump to take up the SKT scenario...Hmmm it may be time to review the more iffy shares in my portfolio to minimise this backwash risk.
    Hmmm ...This sell down would have to be viewed as smart money exiting.....I'm taking Balances advice ...I think there will be plenty of time to think about this as more details emerge.
    Looking back to some previous posts..4 months ago...the writing was on the wall then.....CJ great post in hindsight..eh?
    I think the world is changing and SKT current business environment has to alter....Agree with Halebop 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Hmmm - so the Todd Family has sold out of Sky. In my experience (I've worked in businesses owned or supplied by them) they don't make major moves wthout a damn good reason.

I wonder what dark clouds are on the horizon for Sky? The Todd's usually have a pretty long telescope - and their vision is generally spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halebop View Post
    In an environment where customers have access to online streaming services (both legal and not) it seems probable that some combination of retention, margin and/or growth would be impacted. While Sky may transition to a model that copes with this, it seems likely it will also add complexity and cost in the interim. I find enough uncertainty with future prospects to avoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    The reference to paying the special dividend to payout IC's (as opposed to surplus cash) must signify that they expect a sell down by News Corp (note: if News Corp sold, all IC would be forfeited).

There have been rumours so this indication by the board can only cement them??
    Last edited by Hoop; 04-03-2013 at 10:42 AM.

percy

I have brought back in at $4.80 on placement from Craigs.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Looking back to some previous posts..4 months ago...the writing was on the wall then.....CJ great post in hindsight..eh?
    quite predictable really.

Imagine sitting around the board room table sipping whisky and smoking a cigar: "Todds just sold out, if Murdoch does, out IC's are gone. Maybe we should do a bonus dividend".
    All eyes go to News Corps representative. A simple nod from him confirms the plan and a motion is raised and seconded and a resolution passed. A simple shake of the head and they could have retained that cash.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Money is scarce as most investors are "all in". ...Look at others such as AIA ATM STU, it has taken them a long time to absorb the surplus "available" shares into the market
    And with MRP coming up as well.

Markets too good not to be all in but it would be a great time to be cashed up with all these discounted placements happening.

I am wondering what I should be selling down to get into MRP. Or maybe I should just put it on the house, I am sure ASB would oblige if I told them it was for renovations.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I have brought back in at $4.80 on placement from Craigs.

Advanced Member

Why they exodus?

Im put off by the migration to viewing in the internet.

Hardly watch any sky these days. For 5 dollar a month i use myexpatnetwork to watch uk tv BBC ITV and channel 4
    can watch what i want when i want . Upto date coro , documentarys the lot

http://www.my-expat-network.co.uk/
    Last edited by ratkin; 04-03-2013 at 11:31 AM.