sharetrader
Page 100 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 5090969798991001011021031041101502006001100 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 14173

Just had a brief look at the latest Spark announcement. By the numbers, for about $100 a month I get Land line, local calls, cheap national calls, unlimited fibre broadband, free freeview HD, free tivo recorder with 1TB hard drive (that cost me $100 upgrade) to record Freeview; Lightbox and now Netflix for 12 months. This has to be 666 channels of sh1t and still not much to choose from. But still I suspect a better offering than Sky.

Edit - I even get free sport with the rugby on Prime on Saturday nights

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Also note: don't think you get Freeview in HD via the satellite version
    You are correct.....Grrrrrrrr.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks. Got a little bit on an inertia problem about doing anything right at the minute which I'm blaming on the lovely and charming Claire Danes. Sky gave complimentary access the other day to Soho and I see she's headlining the 7th season of Homeland at present, one of my all time favorite shows. Will review how much I am prepared to let Sky continue to plunder my account for each month at the end of the latest Homeland season.
    Don’t forget you need your CNBC as well. I miss that. My streaming version of that no longer seems to be working, although I do get the news channels, Fox etc. Gotta get my fix of Hannity from time to time.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks. Got a little bit on an inertia problem about doing anything right at the minute which I'm blaming on the lovely and charming Claire Danes. Sky gave complimentary access the other day to Soho and I see she's headlining the 7th season of Homeland at present, one of my all time favorite shows. Will review how much I am prepared to let Sky continue to plunder my account for each month at the end of the latest Homeland season.
    Just checked....6 seasons of Homeland on Netflix. Not sure if that is all their is.

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    It would be nice to be able to attach a USB drive to the TV to record Freeview directly to that instead of needing to buy a Freeview box (when the TV is also Freeview compatible).
    To answer my own question I found out most new TVs have this record to USB function built in... No need for another decoder or box.

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    To answer my own question I found out most new TVs have this record to USB function built in... No need for another decoder or box.
    Just need to check whether the TVs are dual tuner or not. That's where we've loved our Panasonic PVR. Because it's dual tuner we can record two programs at once (or handy for dealing with pesky overlaps) while watching something else we've recorded, or another program through the TV.

This is getting quite off topic though....but I suppose we are just killing time until the inevitable.

Advanced Member

Im a bit like blackcross, cant be arsed getting rid of it, although I know there are cheaper alternatives. Have to spend the money on something.
    Sky is easy and I know when the world cup football comes round would only be forced to buy it back.

Soho the other reason. The Americans, Fear the walking dead, Second season of Westworld all start next month, and yes I know I can watch them online for free, but I would rather watch them on sky than have to hunt down free streams.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Im a bit like blackcross, cant be arsed getting rid of it, although I know there are cheaper alternatives. Have to spend the money on something.
    Sky is easy and I know when the world cup football comes round would only be forced to buy it back.

Soho the other reason. The Americans, Fear the walking dead, Second season of Westworld all start next month, and yes I know I can watch them online for free, but I would rather watch them on sky than have to hunt down free streams.
    I have just gone back to sky after a few years away. Got a bit tired of trying to hunt down feeds on Kodi for my Rugby League. (yes unfortunately I'm a Warriors tragic) and have just enjoyed the Winter Olympics too.
    Sky is easy to use and as Iong as I
    do some OT at work to pay for it I will probably keep it until the something better comes along.

A little the same ratkin and B1, would have to fork out for a freeview aerial (if I want it in HD) and a recorder if want to record something from the freeview channels, not much idea about streaming stuff, plus rugby just started, F1 about to and the V8s, the tennis opens , so pretty much like a lot of people, got it mainly for the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    A little the same ratkin and B1, would have to fork out for a freeview aerial (if I want it in HD) and a recorder if want to record something from the freeview channels, not much idea about streaming stuff, plus rugby just started, F1 about to and the V8s, the tennis opens , so pretty much like a lot of people, got it mainly for the sport.
    When I lived in my shed I bought an aerial from the Warehouse for about $10.00. Get a Series 3 Tivo for $1 - $50 and pay $55 to update the PROM. (Tivo pretty well bullet proof. If/when the hard drive goes $110 for a new 1TB WD Purple Hard drive). A Google Chromecast for $69 for streaming. $184 all up for as much media as you can shake a stick at.