sharetrader
Page 1001 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 501901951991997998999100010011002100310041005101110511101 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,010 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by krb View Post
    Reading the comments about the OCA capital raise and the idle speculation they are doing it to buy the Sky campus. Even if that were true, the money OCA raised wouldn’t all be for purchase of the land, but also for the actual building costs which make up the bulk of the money needed to finish a new complex. I would still put the likely sale price below $50 million.
    Well, many if us have now had ample opportunity to make up numbers on this one!

Ranging from a paltry $30M to a whopping $100M.

Time will tell.

It is a large site with a lot of potential. But as the OCA shareholders have pointed out on their forum - the Blacks are a big issue for them. So probably no deal.

Quote Originally Posted by snigmac View Post
    I don't have time to read that, I charge like $200-500 a hour...

Also I my opinion (to the best of my belief) is correct.
    If you were charging me $500 an hour I would expect you to be a little more articulate

Derek will know whats going on
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Hi Ogg. New to looking at Sky Network and doing some basic research.
    Can you point me towards any publicly available information on the book and/or market value of the Mt Wellington properties being potentially divested? I looked at note 12 / page 64 of the annual report and the reported book value was ~13.5m. I am trying to reconcile that to the book value of 35-38 quoted in the Macquare report. I assume it would be a complete sale and not a leaseback (IE - no attendant incremental lease expenses) particularly if it was going to someone who would develop it

Thanks

I tend to believe that if sky was judged the same as say a property stock, revaluation would be undertaken by a certified valuer frequently, dragging these levels up. After looking at commercial properties this year, the listed council valuations had little credibility compared to sales value. Closest I came on freely available info was big blocks in Avondale, be dividing the sales price by sqm I got a price of 65 to 68 mill, add in a premium for more central location would take us up to mid 80s.

I for one see Mount wellington as a prime candidate for redevelopment much like Glen Innes and see alot of potential for a retirement village.

That poster Jamie on Sharsies is quite perceptive ...and maybe, just maybe, could be right

'Sky will die in the not too distant future' and then in another post 'dead cat bounces are temporary but mediocrity is permanent'

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    People said Sky would die 10 years ago but here we are.

What's dead for sure is growth in A2's Infant formula.

The take away quote from the Sharesis thread is:

"All investment is about the price you pay"
    Shame Ben Graham and other old time gurus aren't alive today - they would have loved to post their wisdom on Sharesies

Jamie is a client of mine, his favorite quote is about the cat bouncing on sky threads, on multiple occasions

Small world

We shall see who's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Jamie is a client of mine, his favorite quote is about the cat bouncing on sky threads, on multiple occasions

Small world

We shall see who's right.
    The overall quality of posts on that Sharesie thread is very high - if baseline for quality is this thread

Membaa

The Friday chart candle looks ominous, like a 'shooting star' potentially setting up for a 'blow off top'. That scenario would wipe out all the gains as quickly as they were made. To avoid a selling spree, will require further large buyer volume, which seems less likely than profit-taking, having put on 38% increase in SP since the low of the Results day only 8 trading days ago.

GLTH