sharetrader
Page 1002 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 25029029529929989991000100110021003100410051006101210521102 ... LastLast
Results 10,011 to 10,020 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    The Friday chart candle looks ominous, like a 'shooting star' potentially setting up for a 'blow off top'. That scenario would wipe out all the gains as quickly as they were made. To avoid a selling spree, will require further large buyer volume, which seems less likely than profit-taking, having put on 38% increase in SP since the low of the Results day only 8 trading days ago.

GLTH
    Thanks for this baabaa

Even the text book seems to describe whats happened last few days - The rally into the blow-off could be based on news, or speculation of good news, growth, or higher prices in the future.

Seems next week might be a bit painful
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Thanks for this baabaa

Even the text book seems to describe whats happened last few days - The rally into the blow-off could be based on news, or speculation of good news, growth, or higher prices in the future.

Seems next week might be a bit painful
    No doubt there will be some pullbacks but look at the NZME rally from middle of last year. Up 444% from a bottom in April 2020. Sky is not too dissimilar to NZME.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/widesp...box=1630633747

Vocus hit by a cyber attack. That must've taken Sky fibre down with it... But surely that's also got to drop the takeover price 😂

Sky has entered a long term bull cycle with the confirmation of a monthly uptrend and break of monthly 12ema. This has taken the best part of 12 months to develop, so in my opinion now is not a time to even be thinking of selling. The successful method for profiting from bull markets is buying dips (higher lows).

In the shorter term (daily timeframe) we will inevitably pullback at some point. Can't predict when this will happen, however it will be marked by the price dropping below the previous days low. At this point we would just be looking for a daily higher low (ideally on decreasing volume and around the daily 12ema), followed by continuation of the daily uptrend. Wasn't anywhere enough volume to suggest a blowoff top on Friday.

One key characteristic of this rally is institutional crossings at higher and higher prices. It is big money, not retail, that is pushing the price. This gives additional confidence that daily consolidation will be for buying.

IMO

Hindsight, but thanks for the summary so far

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Jamie is a client of mine, his favorite quote is about the cat bouncing on sky threads, on multiple occasions

Small world

We shall see who's right.
    Jamie a client of yours eh Slim. ….. jamie must be one smart guy then

I subscribed to sky sport over the weekend to watch the Rugby Championship. I think it's awesome. Not sure how long I'll keep it though, but then again, I said the same thig about NEON and I still have it, way better content than netflix and the new HBO stuff is awesome too. Love the fact that new movies can be rented as well, makes a difference when you can't go to the cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    What a weekend.

All Blacks, Warriors, tennis US open, golf.

Lockdown watching new HBO content on Neon.

Yeah "Sky is dead bro", just lol.

Ogg's 4 step to share trading success:

1) Sell property to OCA
    2) Buy Orcon from Vocus
    3) Sell it all to Comcast
    4) Profit

We need to get that Joshua guy who does stock analysis videos to do one on Sky

Lurking here Joshua
    Last edited by winner69; 06-09-2021 at 07:44 AM.

Ok, share price prediction for close this Friday?

IMO

2 hairs past a freckle I reckon.