sharetrader
Page 1003 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 350390395399399910001001100210031004100510061007101310531103 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,030 of 14173

Friday close of between 21c-25c.

Jamie, the classic "muh netflix, muh plex, muh VPN" kinda guy.

For the tech savvy, his solutions might work. For the 99.9% of the population tho.... "I ain't got no time for that".
    For a measly sum of a nice lunch, you can do without all the headache of signing up to multiple different services, nagging your tech savvy friends/relatives on how to setup and operate, poking around with all the menus and jumping hurdles.....

But hey, "Look ma, look no hands, I just spent 3 days on setting this up, pay for VPN service and use 3 different systems just so I can give SKT the middle finger woohoo I managed to save $3.45! SkY iS dEd!"

30-40cents on back of no news is conceivable. That is where the share price was at start of 2020 before Covid hit. You could say Sky looks in a better shape today (with no debt) than it did at start of 2020. Well at least it looks no worse than it did at start of 2020...

IMO

The Sky is the limit

We're already up 10% today, it's easy with these bigger pip sizes. Reckon we might see a speeding ticket today??

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    We need to get that Joshua guy who does stock analysis videos to do one on Sky

Lurking here Joshua
    Funnily enough thought of doing a SKT video early this year. Valuation came around 24cents. Unfortunately I didn't stick with my model and sold my small parcel at a loss due to consolidating the portfolio into high conviction stocks.
    I make videos on YouTube.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    30-40cents on back of no news is conceivable. That is where the share price was at start of 2020 before Covid hit. You could say Sky looks in a better shape today (with no debt) than it did at start of 2020. Well at least it looks no worse than it did at start of 2020...
    are you forgetting about the significant change in shares issued since then?

At the start of 2020 there were 435 million shares on issue.

Today there are 1.747 billion shares on issue.

At a share price of 30-40 cents, the company market capitalization would be valued 4x higher today than at the equivalent share price back at the start of 2020 - would essentially be the equivalent of $1.20-$1.60 share price pre-share dilution.
    Last edited by krb; 06-09-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    Jamie, the classic "muh netflix, muh plex, muh VPN" kinda guy.

For the tech savvy, his solutions might work. For the 99.9% of the population tho.... "I ain't got no time for that".
    For a measly sum of a nice lunch, you can do without all the headache of signing up to multiple different services, nagging your tech savvy friends/relatives on how to setup and operate, poking around with all the menus and jumping hurdles.....

But hey, "Look ma, look no hands, I just spent 3 days on setting this up, pay for VPN service and use 3 different systems just so I can give SKT the middle finger woohoo I managed to save $3.45! SkY iS dEd!"

Good point. The same as the 90% who just want a car that starts, gets them to their destination, is affordable, and as a bonus extra does not contaminate the environment. Most of us just dont care if our car can be updated remotely!

Sky seems to have suffered from an extended period of negative sentiment. Many on this thread have skillfully outlined the upside case based on fundamentals over the last 18 month in particular. But even they seemed to become gradually less certain of themselves over time. At least until the last few days.

The opposite phenomenon might be Air NZ, where nothing seems to dent the share price to the continued amazement of most watchers. I remember thinking early last year that if it fell to 30 cents it might attract some bets. It never even got close!

So what is the lesson? Perhaps the truism about the market being a popularity contest in the short-term and a weighing machine in the long-term. And that "short-term" can easily extend years. It must have been agony for the daily posters on this thread. Easy to tell yourself you are making a solid long-term bet that might not play out for years, not so easy to chuck it into the bottom drawer while waiting for (anti)gravity to take effect...

Quote Originally Posted by krb View Post
    are you forgetting about the significant change in shares issued since then?

At the start of 2020 there were 435 million shares on issue.

Today there are 1.747 billion shares on issue.

At a share price of 30-40 cents, the company market capitalization would be valued 4x higher today than at the equivalent share price back at the start of 2020 - would essentially be the equivalent of $1.20-$1.60 share price pre-share dilution.

It was valued at 30-40 cents at the start of 2020 corrected for the share dilution. The actual shares were trading around $1.20 at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by JW Invests View Post
    Funnily enough thought of doing a SKT video early this year. Valuation came around 24cents. Unfortunately I didn't stick with my model and sold my small parcel at a loss due to consolidating the portfolio into high conviction stocks.
    Ha, your Interactive Brokers video came up in my recommended list the other day. Fellas, we've a celebrity in our midst!