sharetrader
Page 1009 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 9509909959999100510061007100810091010101110121013101910591109 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,090 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    It's the exact opposite.

Bowman has said nothing about buy backs or dividends.

The investor presentation, slide 81, talks about partnership deals. I.e. Orcon partnering or merging with Sky to create value.

The Vocus NZ IPO is supposed to happen by year ends. Time is ticking here. What's going on? Where's the update? Or is it just delayed because of Covid but they should all be working from home doing this?
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...870/353010.pdf

Slide 29

"The Board continues to consider capital management options, including potential for dividends, in the context of the strong balance sheet, options for proceeds from the potential sale of property, and the need to reinvest operating free cash flow in FY22 into growth initiatives"

If you start with a definitive end point and then just spend all day hunting for 'facts' that prove your latest theory you will continue to end up with Egg on your face.

This is the problem you had with the five or six different takeover theories you had over the last 18 months or so.

Now that takeovers are clearly not on the agenda, you are somehow going full throttle on the telco angle (whereas before when I used to bring up the merits of Sky doing a deal with Vocus you poo-pooed it, told me what a sh1tty use of money it would be because Vocus sucks a$$ etc etc. Telco sucks bro, we should just take 19c/share from Comcast. lol.

All that kind of weird sh1t.

And now, low and behold! Sky telco fits your 'latest theory' - and you are trying to position it as though you "thunk it up all yourself".

Bad news mate, the chances of any kind of M&A deal happening any time soon are slim. I would love to be wrong on this, but the most realistic option is buybacks and dividends.

Vocus and 2D have been working on their IPO options for months now. If a tie up with Sky was the way forward, Sophie and Philip would not be able to buy shares...a deal would be at advanced stages and imminent.

No doubt the three companies have talked to each other at various points, but nothing has come of it (clearly).

Given Osmium's (growing) investment in Sky, we are probably more likely to merge with the newspaper than anyone else at some point. Not making a prediction here, just stating that it is probably more likely given Osmium own one fifth of NZME and will probably own one tenth of Sky before long.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 08-09-2021 at 01:42 PM.

Guru

Osmium have been reading my posts and decided to buy!
    HAHAHAAHAHA!

It's not your time to be in the green but your time will come.
    Yes, very soon. Only down about 20% right now! When you consider that during the first lockdown (before the capital raise) I was down 90% this is quite an achievement!

Guru

maybe she wants some Egg for breakfast.
    You don't strike me as someone who has ever known the warmth of a woman.

When you're making this much money son, it's hard to stay tied down.
    How i wish gifs were still allowed. You guys are like Ross and Rachel. Whose who??

I'm sure we'll be friends again with the stock gets back to 26c
    Dont get me wrong Im glad you dont agree on much. It makes for some awesome debates. with your arguments combined we are still no closer to the truth!

I pray that neither of them gets taken offline again.

Guru

I think by the ASM, everything will be out on the table.
    I'll give you A to M in a minute...

Guru

The truth is, neither Ogg nor I have actually made (or lost) anything on Sky.

Pretty sure Ogg made about 5 grand last time he went off the deep end and sold out. If he is honest and includes that in his tax return he will pay some tax on 'dem gainz'. No doubt he will refute this and try to say he made 30 grand or something, but I remember at the time it was a paltry sum (which was why he was so cross).

Right now, he is sitting on a paper gain that hovers between about $50K-$60K. But it is meaningless right now as it is a paper gain (and can just as quickly be taken away if the market decides it doesn't like a new Spark Sport news article).

So all this hype from Egg about 'making all this money' is hilarious. In two years he has made four thousand dollars after tax. And I have made zero dollars.

We both haven't lost any money though!

I am glad that he is still holding though.

It is as the great Charlier Munger says ' "You don't make money when you buy. You don't make money when you sell. You make money when you wait".

And we are both waiting (one more patiently than the other) as we know that, on the balance of probabilities, good things are coming for Sky (and the market is starting to wake up to how undervalued this business is). That we agree on!

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    The truth is, neither Ogg nor I have actually made (or lost) anything on Sky.

Right now, he is sitting on a paper gain that hovers between about $50K-$60K.

That we agree on!
    Only that little? Lol. You guys talk on analysis/paralysis as if you're both bordering on a high 6 digit paper gain already Anyway, continue as you're both entertaining the masses.

Guru

That's right bro, keep saying it to yourself, Ogg has made very little.
    Lol, it is true though.

For the record, my intention at the time of purchase is to keep the shares.

I'm 100% committed to this stock long term! But if someone comes along and forces a takeover then I have no choice but to sell to them.
    If there was ever a 'Cage worthy' moment in the annals of SNT lore this has got to be it!