sharetrader
Page 1010 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 105109109601000100610071008100910101011101210131014102010601110 ... LastLast
Results 10,091 to 10,100 of 14176
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Only that little? Lol. You guys talk on analysis/paralysis as if you're both bordering on a high 6 digit paper gain already Anyway, continue as you're both entertaining the masses.

Come on! Actually making money on stocks is for chumps!

I never got past Warren's first two rules of investing to guarantee that you get filthy rich:

1. Don't lose money
    2. Don't forget Rule #1

Now you are trying to tell me that beyond those two very sensible and practical rules...I am actually supposed to make a profit?!

That's it! I'm out.

Guru

Just having a glance at Osmium partners NZME disclosures...

From the time they went north of 8% ownership, it took them about a year to build up to their ~19% stake.

Slowly, slowly catches the monkey.

I wouldn't expect disclosures from them every week or anything like that.

They will be super careful not to push the SP too high.

They seem to be knowledgable about the media industry - and I don't think they are buying into Sky at these prices unless they think it is at least a two or three bagger.

Advanced Member

Ok so is this new IPL-style World rugby 12s professional tournament coming next year something Sky needs to be worried about?

it’s being run by a new private entity, so I don’t see any guarantees that this would be covered by the existing Sky/NZR contract.

it’s the type of competition Spark would give their left nut to get the rights to.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/the-qa-document-explaining-what-the-new-world-12s-is-all-about

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Ok so is this new IPL-style World rugby 12s professional tournament coming next year something Sky needs to be worried about?

it’s being run by a new private entity, so I don’t see any guarantees that this would be covered by the existing Sky/NZR contract.

it’s the type of competition Spark would give their left nut to get the rights to.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/the-qa-document-explaining-what-the-new-world-12s-is-all-about
    Given the already existing relationship between RugbyPass and Sky (and my understanding that Sky owns the cash generating part of RugbyPass), it is possible that this is the growth with RugbyPass that Sky eluded to in their recent FY. Maybe more good news to follow?

Quote Originally Posted by snigmac View Post
    Given the already existing relationship between RugbyPass and Sky (and my understanding that Sky owns the cash generating part of RugbyPass), it is possible that this is the growth with RugbyPass that Sky eluded to in their recent FY. Maybe more good news to follow?
    I think sky sold rugby pass or basically just gave it away

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    I think sky sold rugby pass or basically just gave it away
    It does look like the streaming component of RugbyPass was sold and as value could not be extracted from certain parts of Rugby Pass due issues with synergy, a large portion of the value of Rugby Pass was written off...Other parts of RugbyPass were kept and Sky was eluding to growing these parts in the recent FY, which is confusing..

It does look like this World 12 may be a new thing and Sky will need to contend for rights.
    Last edited by snigmac; 08-09-2021 at 09:18 PM.

More coverage on Sky

"Lewis said potential dividends were not an immediate hook. When a company was trading at a low multiple to ebitda, Osmium preferred free cash to be used for a share buy-back."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...UPTHAAK4LPRU4/

IMO

Thanks,can't access but like the way that Osmium is talking about "our" company.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clown View Post
    More coverage on Sky

"Lewis said potential dividends were not an immediate hook. When a company was trading at a low multiple to ebitda, Osmium preferred free cash to be used for a share buy-back."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...UPTHAAK4LPRU4/
    Jarden and Forshyth on the ball too with their crack hot analysis of Sky.

"The result saw wealth manager Jarden on August 26 upgrade its rating from underweight to neutral, but trimmed its 12-month target price from 19c to 18c. Analysts Arie Dekker and Luan Nguyen saw reasons for cautious optimism with programming rights costs peaking in the current year and streaming revenue on the increase. However, they said it was "still too early to call inflection point".Forsyth Barr retained its neutral rating post-earnings, with a 12-month target of 18c. Although Sky box customer losses were now stabilising and streaming subscriptions growing strongly, analysts Aaron Ibbotson and Matt Montgomerie were guarded in their comments. "Sky described this as being an inflection point but we believe the jury is still out," the pair told clients."

"The stock closed yesterday at 20.5c."

IMO

I'm glad your self esteem is in a happy place Ogg ,we all benefit and I think Forsyth B maybe short two analysts soon,boy how to antispin your own company