sharetrader
Page 1011 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 115119119611001100710081009101010111012101310141015102110611111 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,110 of 14173

Yeah, kind of questions their analysis skills...

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Jarden and Forshyth on the ball too with their crack hot analysis of Sky.

"The result saw wealth manager Jarden on August 26 upgrade its rating from underweight to neutral, but trimmed its 12-month target price from 19c to 18c. Analysts Arie Dekker and Luan Nguyen saw reasons for cautious optimism with programming rights costs peaking in the current year and streaming revenue on the increase. However, they said it was "still too early to call inflection point".Forsyth Barr retained its neutral rating post-earnings, with a 12-month target of 18c. Although Sky box customer losses were now stabilising and streaming subscriptions growing strongly, analysts Aaron Ibbotson and Matt Montgomerie were guarded in their comments. "Sky described this as being an inflection point but we believe the jury is still out," the pair told clients."

"The stock closed yesterday at 20.5c."

Me too

Not sure if I'm allowed to post paywalled articles here...

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thanks,can't access but like the way that Osmium is talking about "our" company.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clown View Post
    Yeah, kind of questions their analysis skills...
    You can tell the way Arie fumbles at his questions ("Duh, duh duhh duhhh...ARPU...duhh duhh...content costs...duh duhhh...) that he really doesn't actually understand Sky TV and the media business very well.

Yet, despite having no real idea of what he is talking about, he is somehow still able to value the business.

Amazing.

Same goes for that Brian Han from Morningstar. Just because the 30c valuation looks tastier to me than Arie's 18c doesn't mean I like how he got there!

None of these guys have a clue, and that hasn't helped Sky's SP at all given these are the 'valuations' and 'advice' that is put out to the Market.

Not blaming Sky's low SP all on these guys, but just pointing out that is certainly doesn't help when the Business Analysis is done by people who are out of their depth.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 09-09-2021 at 09:53 AM. Reason: typo fix

An update on the property would be great, especially detailing how they have achieved a massive sell price.

I think they said an update will be given at the ASM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    An update on the property would be great, especially detailing how they have achieved a massive sell price.

Wow Ogg no gifs for days now.. You've turned a corner, just like the SP

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Yeah, it was also nice of him to mention this forum and in particular thank me for his gains. What a great guy.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    You can tell the way Arie fumbles at his questions ("Duh, duh duhh duhhh...ARPU...duhh duhh...content costs...duh duhhh...) that he really doesn't actually understand Sky TV and the media business very well.

Yet, despite having no real idea of what he is talking about, he is somehow still able to value the business.

Amazing.

Same goes for that Brian Han from Morningstar. Just because the 30c valuation looks tastier to me than Arie's 18c doesn't mean I like how he got there!

None of these guys have a clue, and that hasn't helped Sky's SP at all given these are the 'valuations' and 'advice' that is put out to the Market.

Not blaming Sky's low SP all on these guys, but just pointing out that is certainly doesn't help when the Business Analysis is done by people who are out of their depth.

I had a lightbulb moment some years ago mainly with small cap stocks ,that Sheesh I know alot more then these shares then advisors do,they just spin and pretend they are all knowing because commission one way or the other is all its about for them.

Advanced Member

Interim CFO gets into the mix with a small purchase

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...878/354390.pdf

$25k worth

Small amount but even further support to add

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Interim CFO gets into the mix with a small purchase

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...878/354390.pdf

$25k worth
    The key here is "interim". Why interim? They've outlined a few years worth of strategy and yet they haven't got an Ad out for a CFO?

He's definitely not compelled to spend his own money as hes in theory only transitory.