sharetrader
Page 1024 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 245249249741014102010211022102310241025102610271028103410741124 ... LastLast
Results 10,231 to 10,240 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    lol, cmon Ogg the comcast ship has left the harbour. the 3 insider buying was the final moorings being untied.
    If anything were happening in the M+A space, this CFO appt would probably be more in line with vocus merger or buyout, not comcast

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    It could be things are not looking great for him at Vodafone, after spending 16 years there and he's a Head Of, maybe he's aiming higher, like a solid GM or CFO but he wasn't given that, so he says screw this I'm going over to SKT for a position that I'm promised of.

Or maybe he's not getting along with the politics at VF and just wants a change.

You never know.
    Yeah, there could be an endless range of reasons he may leave his current role. Could also be that he has achieved what he wants at Vodafone and wants to do something brand new, where he can take ownership. A Fresh start.

Could be something else entirely, and we can speculate until the cows come home.

But one thing is clear (in my mind)...he has discussed Sky with the leadership, taken a look at the business and what things they are planning for FY22 and beyond...and he likes what he sees. He may be wrong, but clearly he believes there is a solid future for Sky TV or else there is no way he ditches the comfort and certainty of Vodafone for a role at a business that is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yeah, there could be an endless range of reasons he may leave his current role. Could also be that he has achieved what he wants at Vodafone and wants to do something brand new, where he can take ownership. A Fresh start.

Could be something else entirely, and we can speculate until the cows come home.

But one thing is clear (in my mind)...he has discussed Sky with the leadership, taken a look at the business and what things they are planning for FY22 and beyond...and he likes what he sees. He may be wrong, but clearly he believes there is a solid future for Sky TV or else there is no way he ditches the comfort and certainty of Vodafone for a role at a business that is doomed.
    and, he would have been involved in the failed merger, when sky was in a much more commanding position, so he must see an inflection point as Sophie described.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    and, he would have been involved in the failed merger, when sky was in a much more commanding position, so he must see an inflection point as Sophie described.
    Been reading some of John's old letters to shareholders...man that guy really knew how to write letters that educated you on the business.

Not the stock standard corporate bs you got from Martin and now Sophie. A bunch of words that say "we must do better" and blah blah blah but does not actually leave the reader any wiser as to what is happening with their business.

He reminds me of Buffett in the way he wrote his letters.

I do miss John.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Been reading some of John's old letters to shareholders...man that guy really knew how to write letters that educated you on the business.

Not the stock standard corporate bs you got from Martin and now Sophie. A bunch of words that say "we must do better" and blah blah blah but does not actually leave the reader any wiser as to what is happening with their business.

He reminds me of Buffett in the way he wrote his letters.

I do miss John.
    I miss him too. At his peak he was one of the best CEOs in NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Yeah, he built one of the largest businesses in NZ pretty well from scratch. They were still broadcasting UHF when he first took over as CEO!

Once he saw NETFLIX come in and understood the ramifications of OTT he created a terrific plan to secure sharehodler value by doing the Vodafone merger. Comcom absolutely f*cked him on that one, and I think most people think that was a bad decision in hindsight.

He did make a few blunders along the way, but he got way more things right than he did wrong...and he did always have shareholders front of mind. He would get outbid for rights all the time because he understood the value content had, and would not overpay.

Anyway, I could go on - but I am a bit of a JF fanboy I must confess.

I would welcome him back on The Board. I think it would do the business a lot of good.

John Fellett....a chief exec with very few shares and little financial stake in SKY. It did not inspire confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    He overstayed his welcome and turned the company into a turd.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    John Fellett....a chief exec with very few shares and little financial stake in SKY. It did not inspire confidence.
    Yeah, that is a fair comment re: shares owned.

He should have owned more shares, no doubt.

But he was focussed on shareholder value, despite owning few shares himself.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 16-09-2021 at 10:33 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    O look, the 4000 order at $1.99 disappeared after the fake orders got pulled.

Justice prevails.
    Nobody cares Egg.

Hush now, child.