sharetrader
Page 1030 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 305309309801020102610271028102910301031103210331034104010801130 ... LastLast
Results 10,291 to 10,300 of 14177

A great advertorial by John Fellet but in my opinion he over-sells it.

The dish on his roof is connecting to a satellite disk located at an altitude of 35,000Klm above the equator.

Satellite bandwidth is good but response times are terrible. I wonder what the round trip time is for a packet of data going up to the satellite, back down to the ground station, through the terrestrial network to a server routing through the internet exchange located in downtown Auckland's Sky Tower and the response arriving.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    A great advertorial by John Fellet but in my opinion he over-sells it.

The dish on his roof is connecting to a satellite disk located at an altitude of 35,000Klm above the equator.

Satellite bandwidth is good but response times are terrible. I wonder what the round trip time is for a packet of data going up to the satellite, back down to the ground station, through the terrestrial network to a server routing through the internet exchange located in downtown Auckland's Sky Tower and the response arriving.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    No idea, but he is able to do Zoom calls by the sounds of things so it speeds and latency must be ‘good enough’.

I don’t think satellite internet will get any traction in NZ beyond people living in the boonies with absolutely no alternative (these properties are relatively few in number and shrinking each year).

Everyone else is or will be well served with fibre or 5G.

Just boo having to go through the rigmarole of setting up another satellite dish on your house if you have an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    No idea, but he is able to do Zoom calls by the sounds of things so it speeds and latency must be ‘good enough’.
    You may remember in the recent past television news pregames where the newsreader says "we cross by satellite to our correspondent in London" where the correspondent pauses for several seconds before responding to the newsreaders questions.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

PS. Off topic, so I will end this thread here.
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Never heard of Kicific, it'll be overtaken by Elon's dishy anyway, everyone has a raging hard on for him and his products.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Speaking of Fellet, this was from the Farmers Weekly last week:

From non-existent to connected | Farmers Weekly
    ha ha ha - that service is already doomed to failure given the much higher performance of starlink which uses a massive constellation of low earth orbit satellites with speeds over 400MBS, and it’s two way data.

Looking like it will open at 2.03

Ok 2.04 pretty happy with that
    Last edited by Alpha; 17-09-2021 at 10:00 AM.

AGM up shortly what are the chances we get news before then re property?

Also how good is it to be out of Trading Lockdown
    Last edited by Alpha; 17-09-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Advanced Member

Quite relieved to see investors are perfectly sane and able to see that the share consolidation had no fundamental difference whatsoever on the underlying companies market value. Trading resumed at the same exact market value.

Sharesies showing I'm up 900%, and the value of 100k, wonder how many sharesies investor will sell out on that update.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Quite relieved to see investors are perfectly sane and able to see that the share consolidation had no fundamental difference whatsoever on the underlying companies market value. Trading resumed at the same exact market value.
    Yes, that was always the risk in my mind - that some would still see SKY as a penny dreadful stock. Glad to see the market behaving itself. Will be interesting to see what happens to the SP when Aussie comes on-line.