sharetrader
Page 1038 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 385389389881028103410351036103710381039104010411042104810881138 ... LastLast
Results 10,371 to 10,380 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    I still think over time content will outweigh the app differences. I struggle to find something I want to watch on Netflix, so spend way too much time browsing (maybe that's why they've made it easier) I look for a show on neon and find something I want to watch I half the time.

I'm eagerly awaiting the STB as I'm going all in (currently no traditional SKY)
    Yeah I am looking forward to the new STB too.

For existing subs it will be an exponentially better experience.

Will be interesting if it generates much in the way of new subs though.

Searching across platforms will definitely be easier, but not sure if that advantage will be enough to get a lot of brand new subs to pay Sky prices.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    That is a fantastic show.

NEON sh1ts all over NETFLIX in terms of content.

NETFLIX is still the better app though - although the new NEON has closed that gap a lot.
    Amazon Prime is my favourite, dirt cheap and The man in the high castle has kept me entertained for a month

... have power to make you great

Needed the dosh and sold half a million shares today... it would have been before the cons so only 50k. Got a good price too

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Lot of margin calls happening lately.
    Not on me though Xogg, I owned outright. How about yourself

For sure Neon overall has superior content.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Currently Watching "billions" on Neon, Quality show about insider trading...... Anyone on here think neon's content is twice as good as netflix?

. "………………

I have enjoyed the banter though - it is always interesting to see how different people view stock prices, risk, volatility etc.

And we are quite likely talking at cross purposes on a couple of the issues ��
    Agree …..everybody’s definition of risk seems different ….so much so ‘risk’ or ‘risky’ or ‘riskier’ are just words that sound cool without having to really understanding what risk is ……like coming up with something that justifies ones actions
    Last edited by winner69; 21-09-2021 at 08:14 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Cool

To make best use of Netflix, you really need to take advantage of their global library. I'd struggle too if I only watch what comes out of the US. Been watching a lot of K-Drama and Japanese anime lately :-)

A bloody good book on risk is Against the Gods: The Remarkable Story of Risk by Peter Bernstein

Very readable and a must read for me every few years

Lock down blues …worse things to do …digital downloads available
    Last edited by winner69; 21-09-2021 at 09:07 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    A bloody good book on risk is Against the Gods: The Remarkable Story of Risk by Peter Bernstein

Very readable and a must read for me every few years

Lick down blues …worse things to do …digital downloads available
    Thanks for the recommendation mate. Just grabbed a copy.

Now then, you keep those lick down blues to yourself!

Advanced Member

That is a fantastic show.

NEON sh1ts all over NETFLIX in terms of content.

NETFLIX is still the better app though - although the new NEON has closed that gap a lot.
    If I was forced to choose just one between Netflix & Neon, hands down it would be Netflix, not even a close decision. Netflix has a lot of ”chaff” (content not worth watching) but they produce so much that even with a 10%/90% good/bad quality ratio they still end up with an extremely large amount of good content. The only caveat is that some of their best content is in foreign languages which means if someone doesn’t like reading subtitles then there selection is much reduced.

Thankfully we don’t live in a world where we have to choose just one, and so I have a total of 6 different paid streaming services (Netflix/Neon/Disney+/AppleTV+/AmazonPrime/SkySportNow), with a few more free ones (TVNZ/TV3/YouTube/Bloomberg).

in terms of quality ratio, I think AppleTV+ has by far the highest, but they still have a limited amount of shows as they grow purely from original content. Reminds me of HBO 10 years ago, but with a far bigger budget.

Disney+ suffers from the same: very good new original content, but only a small amount of new shows although that has gotten better since they added the “star” sub-brand which carries all the Hulu & Fox/FX shows. (Of course it’s amazing back catalogue of content makes it a no brainer subscription).

NEON is good of course, primarily because of the HBO shows. It’s movies selection has gotten pretty rotten though. This last weekend they were promoting “rogue” as their big Sunday premier. Oh my god what a stinker. All too familiar now days.

As I said above Netflix has an amazing amount of good content, but you need to hunt it out, and if you have a rather niche taste then you might struggle. My wife and I binge at least 1 series a week on Netflix, so it’s not hyperbolic to say we watch at least 50 shows on Netflix annually, and probably a similar amount of movies.

In terms of the actual app - I think Netflix & Disney have the best navigation, but none of them are perfect (which might be impossible to achieve given they are dealing with tens of thousands of shows/movies). I find Amazon & Neon, skysportnow have the most issues with stream quality/stability.

in terms of best value, I have to give that award to TVNZ - some excellent international content on there and it is of course free.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 21-09-2021 at 10:21 AM.