sharetrader
Page 1041 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 415419419911031103710381039104010411042104310441045105110911141 ... LastLast
Results 10,401 to 10,410 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    My bet is they more than like it. P/e 101 is bundle companies up to get a higher multiple.
    On osmium, i believe we will see their next round of buying if there's NZD/USD currency weakness.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Foxtel IPO is still on though?

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...15-p58iua.html

They have the exact same challenges as Sky. I doubt they would do very well in an IPO...but clearly Rupert and Telstra see an end game where the business is listed.

Could be an opportunity here for Sky, or maybe not.

A Super Aggregator would have a better chance though. I like Foxtel's new STB too - it looks sexy.

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12474199

8 - 11 times EBITDA for Vocus when Spark only gets around 9!

Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12474199

8 - 11 times EBITDA for Vocus when Spark only gets around 9!

Amazing.
    What are we currently at?

the prospect of similar high dividend yield would be very tempting then, especially in this low interest rate climate

Guru

What are we currently at?

Sky TV? Low end of projected EBITDA is $110M for FY22. So we are currently sitting at 3.2x EBITDA. About 4.5x Adjusted EBITDA (IFSR16)...but then you would need to make a similar adjustment for Orcon Group...which would probably push their adjusted EBITDA range to 9x-12x.

Insanity.

Sky TV? Low end of projected EBITDA is $110M for FY22. So we are currently sitting at 3.2x EBITDA. About 4.5x Adjusted EBITDA (IFSR16)...but then you would need to make a similar adjustment for Orcon Group...which would probably push their adjusted EBITDA range to 9x-12x.

Insanity.
    So effectively the market is still pricing Sky as if it will be out of business within a few years. that is insane.

Guru

So effectively the market is still pricing Sky as if it will be out of business within a few years. that is insane.
    Yes, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

And that is ultimately why no tie up between Vocus and Sky could be possible.

The market is downright effusive towards Vocus if those multiples are anything to go by, and still down on Sky...even though Sky is likely to produce far more cash than Vocus for the forseeable future.

Insanity.
    The sooner we become a telco the better. A merger with Nzme could help accelerate this. Sky would have endless free advertising options galore accross differrent mediums, radio, web, tv. Think how 2 degrees got that market share? great advertising with Rhys Darby.

Thats how I’d do it. Become a media conglomerate, tack on telco, bundle up energy. Economies of scale, higher multiples applied.

The latest CFO appointment would help with this strategy.

Hell, change the name to something with less bad juju and more marketability.

Imagine one company that you got the following from

- Data/Internet
    - Entertainment
    - Music
    - Phone
    - Utilities
    - News
    - Sports

This company would have the stickiest customers imaginable.
    Last edited by jimdog31; 24-09-2021 at 09:15 AM.

Guru

The sooner we become a telco the better. A merger with Nzme could help accelerate this. You have advertising options galore accross differrent mediums, radio, web, tv. Think how 2 degrees got that market share? great advertising with Rhys Darby.

Thats how I’d do it. Become a media conglomerate, tack on telco, bundle up energy. Economies of scale, higher multiples applied.

The latest CFO appointment would help with this strategy.
    I vote jimdog for Chairman!