sharetrader
Page 1044 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 445449449941034104010411042104310441045104610471048105410941144 ... LastLast
Results 10,431 to 10,440 of 14173

PANTHERS v RABBITOHS in final next week

EPIC
    Last edited by winner69; 25-09-2021 at 08:40 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    PANTHERS v ROOSTERS in final next week

EPIC
    **cough cough**

Bunnies vs Panthers in the Grand Final

Roosters got smashed by Manly last week….

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Right now
    AB’s vs Boks

THIS IS WHY WE HAVE SKY!
    This match is a lot closer than the commentary leading up to it suggested!

Guru

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...y-championship

Haha, man Spark will buy anything so long as it is sport.

The viewership for this in NZ will be so damn low. Only a fanatical rugby head would stay up to watch these teams play. The Saffas being part of the competition isn't going to be a massive draw card either for most.

I hardly call this inroads in getting rugby back on their menu. I am just relieved Sky didn't win the rights! Hopefully we didn't even bid for them.

However, with the inclusion of the four big South African teams, the United Rugby Championship threatens to rival Super Rugby Pacific and the English and French leagues to be the premier club competition in the world.
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. On what planet will kiwi rugby fans ditch SR Pacific in favour of this tournament?

Good on ya Jeff. Keep bidding for this kind of content...it will mean you have less money to throw around for the important rights

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post

The viewership for this in NZ will be so damn low. Only a fanatical rugby head would stay up to watch these teams play. The Saffas being part of the competition isn't going to be a massive draw card either for most.

I hardly call this inroads in getting rugby back on their menu. I am just relieved Sky didn't win the rights! Hopefully we didn't even bid for them.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. On what planet will kiwi rugby fans ditch SR Pacific in favour of this tournament?

Good on ya Jeff. Keep bidding for this kind of content...it will mean you have less money to throw around for the important rights
    I thought the same when I first heard about it and judging by the few comments on that article, everyone seems to agree. I don't even think the South African teams will be a drawcard considering how poor they were in Super Rugby for a long time. Hopefully Spark pay big money for this 12s competition that Steve Hansen must be being paid for to talk up

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...e-irresistible

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Not The Chosen One View Post
    I thought the same when I first heard about it and judging by the few comments on that article, everyone seems to agree. I don't even think the South African teams will be a drawcard considering how poor they were in Super Rugby for a long time. Hopefully Spark pay big money for this 12s competition that Steve Hansen must be being paid for to talk up

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...e-irresistible
    12's might be the answer for rugby. There are to many players on the field especially defensively.
    Really boring if teams are evenly matched. Only a good spectacle if its relatively one sided.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    12's might be the answer for rugby. There are to many players on the field especially defensively.
    Really boring if teams are evenly matched. Only a good spectacle if its relatively one sided.

Although I like rugby, I've always preferred rugby league for various reasons but generally because it's quicker game with less stoppages. It has flaws too such as the almost non existent international game but I'm happy sky have the NRL rights through to 2027.

Rugby has tried to speed up the game with rule changes but until scrums are sorted and the terrible advantage rule gets changed, where a team could play for a few minutes only for a penalty to be given way back in play, it will always be slower.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post

Sky would have an idea on viewership of the English (Rugby) Premiership, the Currie Cup and other highlight packages that they currently show.

Only draw would be to watch former AB's and other Kiwis who are playing over there now.

Guru

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Sky would have an idea on viewership of the English (Rugby) Premiership, the Currie Cup and other highlight packages that they currently show.

Only draw would be to watch former AB's and other Kiwis who are playing over there now.
    Well I certainly could not bear to watch any English Rugby.I have always thought English rugby is the most boring,however after Saturday night I think they have competition from South Africa.
    I noted the English ref was very used to unnecessary stoppages,...Could not stop blowing his whistle for more tea breaks. Hopeless.