sharetrader
Page 1045 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 455459459951035104110421043104410451046104710481049105510951145 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,450 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    What’s that story about …..can’t access it
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What’s that story about …..can’t access it
    Bizarre, when I entered the link from a google search it let me in to read the article before.

Anyway, just talks about how Sky TV UK are going to be developing their own Smart TVs. They want to further cement their status as the content gatekeepers...NETFLIX already pay big bucks to other companies to ensure their app features prominently on their hardware.

So it seems Sky UK are going beyond the STB to enter the TV market. Using the savings they have made on Sport rights recently to help pay for this new initiative.

Comcast seem happy with their purchase and the future prospects too based on some of the commentary from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Not The Chosen One View Post
    Although I like rugby, I've always preferred rugby league for various reasons but generally because it's quicker game with less stoppages. It has flaws too such as the almost non existent international game but I'm happy sky have the NRL rights through to 2027.

Rugby has tried to speed up the game with rule changes but until scrums are sorted and the terrible advantage rule gets changed, where a team could play for a few minutes only for a penalty to be given way back in play, it will always be slower.
    Totally agree although I am a convert from league to Union. League is dead in the water and will never have an international appeal, Rugby stole that march decades ago.

The United Rugby Championship will amount to pretty much nothing so let Spark pay for it - I won't bother to watch.

Rugby needs to get it's game sorted for Christ's sake - scrums gotta become simple like League - they are infuriating And also agree, drop a player or two. A better product here will bring viewers back to SKY. Many of my mates no longer watch much Union it's gotten predictable - this attrition can't help SKY.

I hope SKY didn't bid for the UFC. Give us French rugby domestic tournament - now that's a fine version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well I certainly could not bear to watch any English Rugby.I have always thought English rugby is the most boring,however after Saturday night I think they have competition from South Africa.
    I noted the English ref was very used to unnecessary stoppages,...Could not stop blowing his whistle for more tea breaks. Hopeless.

Yup- you're spot on. I coudda taken that bloody whistle and.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    NBCUniversal mulls options for streaming service Peacock

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/nbcuniversal-mulls-options-for-streaming-service-peacock-20210926-p58utb.html

Takeover drum is starting to beat!

Comcast looking at partnerships in Australia to roll out Peacock.

It's likely they will do the same in NZ - but there's not a lot of choice other than Sky NZ.

Will Comcast takeover Sky NZ or will they just do a partnership deal?

Either all could be transformative for Sky NZ.

Not long to wait now folks. Hang tight.

Just lol at all the noobs selling today off the back of some sh*tty rugby deal nobody even cares about.

Yes, been topping up lately. Fingers crossed that we get some serious upward movement after the AGM.

Share price looks a bit sad when its 1.xx something
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Share price looks a bit sad when its 1.xx something
    $1.99 sounds a lot cheaper than $2 a pop!

It will be interesting to see when Osmium top up next. Their NZME investment came in waves, sometimes with months in between big purchases.

Still no news on the property sale. Doesn’t look like Sky have been swamped with superior offers too good to refuse.

Guru

More chatter about the prospect of a Sky TV Television.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/opini...v-work-4169621

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    More chatter about the prospect of a Sky TV Television.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/opini...v-work-4169621
    Not something that interests me at all. Prefer to have a GIZMO attached to my TV to deliver the programs.
    Like Apple TV etc.
    Doesn't make sense to me. What am I missing ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Not something that interests me at all. Prefer to have a GIZMO attached to my TV to deliver the programs.
    Like Apple TV etc.
    Doesn't make sense to me. What am I missing ?
    Could be a sizeable market for people who don’t want to muck around getting set top boxes.

Just buy the TV, plug it in…log into your Sky account and start streaming.

People are prepared to pay big bucks for a nice TV too…