sharetrader
Page 1048 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 485489489981038104410451046104710481049105010511052105810981148 ... LastLast
Results 10,471 to 10,480 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by Monarch View Post
    Pretty sure today’s sph notice mentioned that they had 5% of the company but that the stocks were “loaned”. Could they be shorting the stock and causing today’s price drop?
    120,000 is not a large qty to short.....

I'm confused why they even needed to do that disclosure as its nowhere near 1%. Mista , you got any clues bro?

And dont worry guys this pussy will happily lap up any discarded shares

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    https://www.afr.com/companies/media-...0210923-p58u01

You would not be completely insane to think that they might at least test the waters with Sky.

Foxtel probably worth 6-7x Sky TV given the size of the market they operate in (and therefore bigger upside potential). But then they have $650M in debt whereas Sky has a clean balance sheet.

So probably not quite as straight forward as saying each company is valued at 'x' times EBITDA...but not too much more complicated than that.

I think it would be better than doing a deal with NZME.

Both Sky and Foxtel have avoided becoming fully fledged telcos - they each seem to have wholesale broadband deals. So their thinking around the "do we need to become a telco?" question is probably aligned.

The new company would have a potential audience of 30M across Australia and NZ, both growing their streaming audience while still serving up content via satellite distribution. The combined entity would have a much stronger negotiating hand with rights owners, and it would also mean that losing a contract (like NZR) would be less of a big deal. They would just take the $80M/year savings and invest in other content or growth opportunities without anybody expecting the loss of a single contract to mean the end of the business.

Foxtel have launched a sexy new STB and we are going to do the same within the next few months.

Of all the possibilities that have been put out there by myself and others, the most obvious one (Foxtel) has been staring at us the whole time.

So it will be interesting to see what happens. Unless and until then, the most pressing need for Sky is to wrap up the property sale and lock in a good price for the campus.
    Definitely not silly. There'd be some definite synergies.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    120,000 is not a large qty to short.....

I'm confused why they even needed to do that disclosure as its nowhere near 1%. Mista , you got any clues bro?
    I haven’t spared any brainpower thinking about the disclosure today nor did I realise there was any fluctuation in SP until I saw the recent posts on this forum.

I am due a top up soon anyway, so hopefully SP keeps dropping.

My money is not earning any interest with ASB anyway, so would rather top up in case of dividend next year. I'm in this for the long term so not too worry about the downward trend yet.

I cast my eye over the SPH and was a little confused.
    It looked like their holding hadnt changed?
    Surely if they loaned it out as the second part implied then they dont have beneficial interest anymore and should've declared a lower holding. But yeh its not worth much brainpower as MT says.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Definitely not silly. There'd be some definite synergies.
    I reckon if they joined up they have the potential to become an absolutely HUGE (like Trump HUUUUUUUGE) company. They would be one of the juggernauts by NZX standards on Day 1 anyway.

Spark Sport would almost certainly throw in the towel. It would be Spark's third failed attempt at entering Live Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I cast my eye over the SPH and was a little confused.
    It looked like their holding hadnt changed?
    Surely if they loaned it out as the second part implied then they dont have beneficial interest anymore and should've declared a lower holding. But yeh its not worth much brainpower as MT says.
    I can only think its a mistake, and they meant they have loaned 1,200,000? confused by the consolidation?

Banned

That SPH looks like they have a lot of shares in various entities (See annexure A at the bottom), but have acquired 120,000 more on loan for some reason. Weird. Perhaps they are just nominees/acting on behalf of many individuals?

Sold a week ago to chase something shiny, I was quite worried that the property sale would have been announced in the interim.

Super happy that I effectively increased my holding by 15% in the process with my other gains and the share drop today allowing me to buy back in cheaper.

Brought on the asx to try and milk a few more % gains from the currency variations. And so the long wait begins again, albeit with a cornerstone investor who allegedly wants to increase their stake and a very valuable property to be offloaded.

Still exciting times ahead
    Last edited by Slim; 01-10-2021 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Updated