sharetrader
Page 1051 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 5155195110011041104710481049105010511052105310541055106111011151 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,510 of 14174

Having a third major Telco may be great for the future prospects of Sky. Increases the need for a point of difference to cross sell and bundle, so either Vodafone or the new 2degrees entity could look at having a crack. Good chance it'd get through comcom this time with 3 major Telco players, Spark Sport and proliferation of international streaming platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Having a third major Telco may be great for the future prospects of Sky. Increases the need for a point of difference to cross sell and bundle, so either Vodafone or the new 2degrees entity could look at having a crack. Good chance it'd get through comcom this time with 3 major Telco players, Spark Sport and proliferation of international streaming platforms.
    You read my mind!

Sky would Definitely add a point of difference

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Being in the 'pro Sky becoming a telco' camp, I would love to see some kind of a VocusNZ-2D-Sky tie up.

But I wouldn't hold my breath...I think Vocus and 2D will jsut merge without Sky. It is a deal that makes way more sense as opposed to them both trying to 'go it alone' where one has a mobile network (but no broadband network) and the other has a broadband network (but no mobile network).

Either way, I think the VocusNZ-2D merger is good for Sky.

The relationship is already warm with Vocus. I would expect to see a wholesale mobile deal being offered to Sky. That way Vocus-2D can start poaching Spark and Voda customers via their mates at Sky who will be able to offer superior bundles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Netflix hikes NZ prices significantly for second time in just over two years

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/126...over-two-years
    May be a few could drop Nextflix and change over to Neon, earlier this year we had both, Nextfix and Neon, now we only have Neon which we thought were the better of the two.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Great!!
    Now maybe you can help me .What on earth is,nztx on ???! Green chartreuse and rhubarb jargon juice with some marinated poly icecubes ???

Planet Reality - you'd have to be blind to have not noticed some of the political shuffling going on

Time to back the truck up again for some SKT - or aren't the Meds working yet ?

Netflix hikes NZ prices significantly for second time in just over two years

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/126...over-two-years
    99.9% of people:

"Ahhh WTF these bloody thieves blah blah blah I'm gonna cancel rah rah rah"
    *later on that evening*
    "Let's see what's on Netflix.........."

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    99.9% of people:

"Ahhh WTF these bloody thieves blah blah blah I'm gonna cancel rah rah rah"
    *later on that evening*
    "Let's see what's on Netflix.........."
    Still the price of 1 ticket to the movies for a months entertainment.....

Having said that, off to see Bond on Monday!!

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Planet Reality - you'd have to be blind to have not noticed some of the political shuffling going on

Time to back the truck up again for some SKT - or aren't the Meds working yet ?
    Yeah keep your poly cubes for your rants on the poly threads,that's what they're for .Fwiw I'm slowly selling down sky and others for an opp elsewhere.

Guru

The Orcon Group - 2D merger is a very interesting prospect. Would definitely disrupt the current Duopoly.

But I doubt Sky TV are part of the deal/negotiations in any way, shape or form.

I would love them to be. But that would just be wishful thinking oh my part.

Guru

I still think a deal is on the table.

The issue is that Trilogy needs out ASAP.

MIRA have the capital to put together a deal. They raised junk bonds overseas at 3% interest rate.

Once Trilogy is out of the picture it makes sense to continue to consolidate other media assets in NZ.

I assume this Vocus/Two Degrees merger will take up the balance of the year. Then maybe Sky gets bolted on early next year.

That's if Comcast doesn't make a move first.

But most likely outcome is nothing happens except more posts on sharetrader about things that never happen.
    Last paragraph is a certainty.