sharetrader
Page 107 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 757971031041051061071081091101111171572076071107 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 14171

Could be a decent play for Spark giving their lightbox platform to get the limelight and the hope that a few people would stay. I'd be interested to see how much the increase on the rights is vs the last RWC.

Often the Sky argument that it will stick around is that they've got the sports that are near and dear to kiwi's hearts hence they won't go away. This would shake that to the core, as the RWC is the biggest ticket in the sport category for them by far.

Disruption by... disruption. I wonder if Fellet still thinks piracy is the biggest threat to their business or could it be.. competition. Who would have thought it.

Disc: Not a holder just a disgruntled Sky sport subscriber

What stuck out for me was the comment, rightly in my view, that legislation in NZ means that the finals (and I think semi finals etc.) have to be shown free to air. So by paying a large fee, whoever gets broadcast rights is really just buying rights for pool games like NZ vs Tonga. The CEO makes that point. Could just be spin, but seems to be a valid point.
    In any case, as a subscriber I certainly took advantage of the price changes earlier this month, have halves my monthly SKY bill by dumping movies and keeping sport. If they lose Super Rugby they would be toast in my view, but RWC not so much.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybuffett View Post
    If they lose Super Rugby they would be toast in my view, but RWC not so much.
    Interesting you feel that. Because I am totally over super rugby. Used to watch at least 3 games per weekend but now maybe just maybe catch a Hurricanes game or watch the semis and final. These days totally watch All Blacks and that only. I think there is a shift because of over saturation, or it could be because I am getting older I am more picky? Not too sure but for me keeping SKY is not contingent on Super rugby at all. It hinges more on the AB's games. Like I said earlier, I like to watch a wide variety of sports on an ad hoc basis, so for me SKY is still the best option. If I had to pay $20 per month for tennis, $20pm for basketball and also for cricket, rugby etc well I would be spending over $160 per month on sports streams alone. So streaming agreed is the way forward but not for viewers such as me that like to watch 1 game or 2 a week from a wide variety of sports.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Interesting you feel that. Because I am totally over super rugby. .
    I'm totally over it as well. Cant keep up with the huge number of rules and rule changes. Constant referral to TMO drives me nuts (should just leave it to on field decisions), TMO's stopping play because they spotted something on Camera 15 5 minutes before last break in play; constant stoppages (if you cant play get off the field and bring a sub on); countless number of medics and water bays on the field. And the sheer number of games which end up being repetitive - the only difference being the colour of the jerseys.

A crusaders game will get my attention, especially if it against Highlanders. Other than that couldn't really care less. Free to air and an hour delayed more than meets my appetite for super rugby

A bit like you blackcap but watch a bit more of the Super rugby (mostly only where a NZ team is involved), but watch other sports like the cricket, F1, Supercars, Tennis, use to be the WRC (now gone to Duke and TV3 this year) etc.
    Don't want to be paying 10 different providers $10 -$20 each either

Advanced Member

Bunch of young idiots chasing a ball about just to get it through some sticks. Who cares which bunch of idiots do it the most?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    A bit like you blackcap but watch a bit more of the Super rugby (mostly only where a NZ team is involved), but watch other sports like the cricket, F1, Supercars, Tennis, use to be the WRC (now gone to Duke and TV3 this year) etc.
    Don't want to be paying 10 different providers $10 -$20 each either
    Sky is playing a very marginal game these days of trying to extract more value out of its sports channel.

I was offered (and accepted) a 3 months special Sports channels deal last year during the ABs playing season for $30 (only for residential customers) - just have to ring up and then, ring up again to terminate.

Previous offers usually came with strings attached - like minimum contract of another 12 months etc.

How long can Sly Sky keep its grudging sports customer base with deals like that?

I’m sure I must have stated it before in ST that you can watch all the Sports worldwide that you like in firstrowau.eu. It may not be perfect to those very very very discerning but it’s FREE and it’s the most “welcoming” (if you know some internet protocols) site of all the free sites out there. Check it out and with a little bit of cyberspace know how, you’ll have an interrupted mostly ads free way to enjoy sports. I’ve used it or go back to it (there are other sites of course) mostly for watching rugby, MMA and boxing ever since I returned my Sky decoder after RWC2015.
    Things to note:

1. Do NOT use Windows Explorer as your browser especially the first time you visit to watch something.
    2. If you know some “techno stuff”, it pays not to be conned into some sort of membership ��
    3. Almost always take the first link it offered.

Hope it helps on why you still need a Sky subscription

Been using sky for many years 15yrs+ ....Mysky ,SOHO ,Sport (during NRL / PGA Golf season) at just over $100's (I now think's its going under $100) I see it as cheap entertament ....take the wife out for dinner and you can blow that in 1hr !!

Would actually like to start purchasing a long term holding in SKT in the family trust >>> I think the whole skyTV is stuffed going forward is overblown
    Last edited by JBmurc; 29-03-2018 at 06:32 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    I’m sure I must have stated it before in ST that you can watch all the Sports worldwide that you like in firstrowau.eu. ... [snip]
    Looks dodgy to me, won't run the video and wants to download a flash player update even though my flash player is on the latest version, and the down load .dmg filename looks kosha but the install file in it has a non-conventional filename and a dodgy version number. So I didn't bother, god knows what's in the install file.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 30-03-2018 at 05:04 PM.