sharetrader
Page 1081 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 8158198110311071107710781079108010811082108310841085109111311181 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,810 of 14173
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I like all of the things they are investing in - I just wish they would be faster to market. I support the sale of the campus - I just wish it didn't take them 6 months to get a deal done.
    This is my problem with Sky. Why does it take them so long to do anything and everything, the new STB, the broadband, the property deal. Absolute dinosaur of a company. Still holding... for now.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Monarch View Post
    This is my problem with Sky. Why does it take them so long to do anything and everything, the new STB, the broadband, the property deal. Absolute dinosaur of a company. Still holding... for now.
    Yeah that’s how I have been feeling the last 6 months or so.

For a business in the fights of its life - these guys are just taking too long.

Making the right moves for the most part…but taking too damn long to execute.

It’s part of the reason the market has not renewed their faith in the business, even though it’s a good little earner.

Guru

But, as I say, it’s not all doom and gloom. We have waited patiently (well, some of us anyway!) while the business made the investments needed to start to turn things around. Investments including securing the rights to key content, even if on a co-exclusive basis for some.

And those things are looking to start paying off, even if the roll out has been slower than I want.

February is only 4 months away - a blink of an eye.

I think the property will sell this month - and spare capital will be distributed to shareholders in December or Jan. Hopefully they do my idea of a capital return instead of a buyback - I have let Joan Withers know about that and she said she would raise it with the Board. They executed a similar scheme some years ago at AIA when she was Chair.

Then a divvy should be declared in Feb, and that will naturally push the SP up further.

So we shouldn’t be anxious at this stage I don’t think.

If the new STB is the grand savior why is it taking so long to produce?

Such things must be quite common globally surely or are SKT going through a process of re-inventing the wheel...?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    If the new STB is the grand savior why is it taking so long to produce?

Such things must be quite common globally surely or are SKT going through a process of re-inventing the wheel...?
    Most of the streaming functionality will be OOTB.

I suspect it’s the config to allow satellite transmission plus the TV Guide etc.

But even then, it shouldn’t take this bl00dy long.

Legend

I can't get a handle on what's going on with SKT

We have been reassured numerous times that a take-out was imminent (which still hasn't surfaced)
    then the focus went on selling the sticks & mortar which seems to have got stuck in the Auckland mud ..

Through all this, the SP seems to have started drafting further south - are the believers starting to doubt
    what's supposed to be happening ?

At this rate all could be still sitting in their deck chairs hoping to see some action out in 2030
    Last edited by nztx; 01-11-2021 at 07:23 PM.

Banned

SnailSky aside, I think we might see a pretty sizeable boost to neon revenue next reporting date. When we last heard from them Auckland had just entered a lockdown, and they said they were seeing increased interest in Neon that correlated to that. Google trends showed a good increase in neon interest, not so much for the boxes though. Are we to expect any reductions in sports rights costs this time around? That could sweeten things further.
    Last edited by Monarch; 01-11-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Patience Monarch. Good things take time. The property sale is complicated in the fact that there is cross lease and a potential rezoning to consider and of course to find alternative premises. I think we can take comfort in the fact that the board of Sky realised very quickly that premiums would be obtained to sell potentially the lot. The Auckland property market is on fire with records being smashed.
    Last edited by Shareguy; 02-11-2021 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    Patience Monarch. Good things take time. The property sale is complicated in the fact that there is cross lease and a potential rezoning to consider and of course to find alternative premises. I think we can take comfort in the fact that the board of Sky realised very quickly that premiums would be obtained to sell potentially the lot. The Auckland property market is on fire with records being smashed.
    Agree while the market is/has been hot for property, commercial does tend to take long. It is not your standard residential fee simple property.

The sale will happen and will go through soon enough and Mista and Co will be happy Millionaires. Which will buy them a nice little 3 bedroom property on the North shore.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Agree while the market is/has been hot for property, commercial does tend to take long. It is not your standard residential fee simple property.

The sale will happen and will go through soon enough and Mista and Co will be happy Millionaires. Which will buy them a nice little 3 bedroom property on the North shore.
    Yes, that sounds good to me

After all of the twists and turns over the last few years, this is definitely not the time to be getting too antsy about things.

Revenue increasing, Earnings stabilised and on path for growth, property sale should be finalised before Xmas which will give the business way more cash than they need to invest, Capital Return and Dividend happening in about 4 months...

Back when Sky was in its prime an investor had to pay around $2.50 for every $1 of revenue the business produced.

Oh how things have changed - right now you only have to pay ~45c for every dollar of revenue produced.

Probably time for the Tea family to do a little top up I think.