sharetrader
Page 1082 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 8258298210321072107810791080108110821083108410851086109211321182 ... LastLast
Results 10,811 to 10,820 of 14180
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yes, that sounds good to me

After all of the twists and turns over the last few years, this is definitely not the time to be getting too antsy about things.

Revenue increasing, Earnings stabilised and on path for growth, property sale should be finalised before Xmas which will give the business way more cash than they need to invest, Capital Return and Dividend happening in about 4 months...

Back when Sky was in its prime an investor had to pay around $2.50 for every $1 of revenue the business produced.

Oh how things have changed - right now you only have to pay ~45c for every dollar of revenue produced.

Probably time for the Tea family to do a little top up I think.
    You must be close to putting out an SPH notice with all these top ups.

Guru

https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/westpac-...-share-buyback

Christ I hope Sky don't do an off market tender process like Westpac are going to do.

Sky would offer a small premium to the SP (which you would expect). But the problem is that, because the SP is so low...I don't think you would get much volume as the offer price would still be low relative to the economics of the business.

So if they offer to buyback at $2/share, for example, I don't think Sky will be rushed off their feet with orders.

Better to just reduce shares on a 7:1 or 6:1 bases and then distribute $x/share (tax free!) from the money we get from the property sale that is not needed for CAPEX.

Guru

When I reflect on the fact that I own 0.155% of Sky TV...I like to imagine that I am Logan Roy...

Guru

Sky GO in the UK to be available as an app on Apple TV soon as part of their closer collaboration with Apple.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...pdate-Apple-TV

I think this is long overdue (and I hope SNT follow suit).

I think it becomes a key step in eventually offering Sky GO as a standalone product.

Though, under our current contracts Sky GO can only be offered as a companion app to a 'full subscription' and these are the supported devices. So that would need some working out.

But in the meantime, being able to navigate Sky GO on an Apple TV would be much nicer than having to Chromecast.

The new STB will be better than Sky GO by a wide margin...but it would be nice to get to the point where we can offer Sky GO (or something like it) to those who just fundamentally do not want a Sky STB.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post

Where do I sign?
    You could have sold your shares to Osmium for much more…

Guru

Man, 'Pooman' really did screw Ogg the more I think about it

This is me putting the case to the aussies on HC that Philip needs to damn near double the current SP within the next 12 months in order for us to be better off than the deal they rejected outright earlier this year.

Bro, now that Peter is below 5% we need another front man.

Give John a call over at Osmium Partners!

Tell em about the $2.30 deal and how Pooman is no good.

Has anybody taken them to task over Handles disclosures? This Board needs an absolute rocket.

You mean Handley?

Man, 'Pooman' really did screw Handley the more I think about it
    Wild assumptions here, But I'd say both Handley & Stewart were pro takeover - and both got moved to the side. Handley Probably figured it was only a matter of time before the rest of the board came to their senses and started buying on market.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Wild assumptions here, But I'd say both Handley & Stewart were pro takeover - and both got moved to the side. Handley Probably figured it was only a matter of time before the rest of the board came to their senses and started buying on market.
    They both would have realised that the only way to absolutely secure Sky's future into the distant future would be to join forces with a telco. Taleover or merger.

The Board do seem slow to realise some of these things, so maybe they would be more open to it now should the opportunity arise.

I would think Vodafone could be interested to revisit the 2016 deal again if Sky was 'in play'. They definitely would not want another NZ telco getting their filthy hands on Sky.

For a long time now I have believed that whichever telco manages to eventually bag Sky will go on to become the largest telco in the country within 5 years.

Investor

Give John a call over at Osmium Partners!
    Seems as though he's busy propping up NZM.