sharetrader
Page 1086 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 8658698610361076108210831084108510861087108810891090109611361186 ... LastLast
Results 10,851 to 10,860 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rustycage View Post
    That would be excellent: I’m nominating mistaTea for Chairman

I would take the job - give me 6 months and I would have everything sorted for shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post

He's gone bro!!

That's why he bought heaps of Katmandu shares and only $50k of Sky.

New CFO is coming next month. Lots of management getting the boot lately, ie Tex.

Buildings are being sold.

Moving to a crammed shoe box office in the CBD.

Something major has to be brewing here. Likely involves Comcast, Foxtel, or private equity.

Investors have had enough!!!
    Would also explain why they passed that resolution for electronic signatures........

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Would also explain why they passed that resolution for electronic signatures........
    But does that mean he intends to stay on…?

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    But does that mean he intends to stay on…?
    To sign off on the building at least

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    The Board is a shambles.

Were offered a JV deal with Comcast just before the infamous Capital Raise. They rejected that and diluted shareholders instead. Part of the deal included Comcast paying off the bonds for Sky, and they were going to bring their content.

I don't know the details of the offer they made, so can't say whether rejecting the offer was wise. All I know is that it clearly didn't happen.

The in June they receive a $400M opening offer...which would have ended up at $450M+...closer to $500M if other parties jumped in once Sky was in play. Discussed at Board level and then rejected out of hand. Shocking.

They have been trying to sell the campus for, what, 6 months now? No deal, and more dithering. The only way that campus has not sold by now is if the Board are being difficult.

Pooman has his stick fingers all over this. Since he has been Chairman the business has damn near been run into the ground.

Now he is living it up frequenting his favourite English pub...he needs to resign. And soon. Can't expect to be Chairman from Europe.

And then we need a new Chairman who will come in to get a deal done. Vodafone, 2D/Orcon, Foxtel, Comcast...there are many possibilities - but it requires a Board with the capability to exploit the market to get the best deal for shareholders.

I favour a Vodafone deal where we get paid in IFT shares. Let Vodafone use Sky's $100M cash (post property sale) to invest in 5G. Value Sky at $500M (50% above current SP) and give us the equivalent amount of IFT shares. Done deal.
    The irony of all this is he followed ol martin back home.

It makes his latest statement about buying shares beyond infuriating. He sees no long term prospects for sky

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    To sign off on the building at least
    Yes true.

He needs to sign that deal and then bugger off.

Alright so what is our move here? Who are we sending strongly worded emails to?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rustycage View Post
    Alright so what is our move here? Who are we sending strongly worded emails to?
    Joan withers

I once read that you should buy shares in a company where the board is dysfunctional,because the bad news is already priced in.

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    I once read that you should buy shares in a company where the board is dysfunctional,because the bad news is already priced in.

See my earlier post I concur.