sharetrader
Page 1087 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 8758798710371077108310841085108610871088108910901091109711371187 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,870 of 14173
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Here's Bowman's closet
    Should've gone to Specsavers.

Guru

Check out this massive gold grandfather clock!

He could pawn this and buy another $50k of shares.
    I just found out he has already sold a property he owned on waiheke island.

Yep, he ain’t never coming back to NZ.

Check out this massive gold grandfather clock!

He could pawn this and buy another $50k of shares.
    You're such a creep bro, but i laughed so hard when i saw this post lol. Ogg PI.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    You're such a creep bro, but i laughed so hard when i saw this post lol. Ogg PI.

I didn't realise that our friend got to hang out on Wahicky Island among the monied squatters
    or did someone do some rapid cashing up / get an early Christmas bonus ?

Guru

Post removded.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 05-11-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    the more I think about how extremly inept this board/management is…… they would have driven past the “for sale” sign in 34a Leonard road for weeks/months, and never once stopped to question if that would be something to explore??

Considering all of their financing/credit lines were underpinned by their property portfolio and they were about to do the death raise to pay the bond?

Did noone in this almost billion dollar company (thats what they think its worth) not even realise their property was cross leased?

what does their audit and risk committee do except drink tea and eat scones?!
    Maybe someone on the inside did buy the property and is out to screw the shareholders.

Stock is rising on the back of Bowman's resignation.

He quickly sold that clock and ploughed in!

Topped up today. Couldn't resist

Guru

Coles: Why we sacked Bowman

COLES MYER is defending court action by sacked finance director Mr Philip Bowman based on "damaging" remarks allegedly made by his partner at a Toorak dinner party in July, according to documents filed yesterday by the retailer.

In its particulars of defence, filed in the Victorian Supreme Court, Coles alleges that the views expressed by Ms Geraldine de Malet were shared by Mr Bowman, and that both he and Ms de Malet made unauthorised disclosures to other parties.

The document quotes reported claims by Ms de Malet at the Toorak home of Coles CEO Mr Peter Bartels, including:

* That senior members of the "Jewish Fraternity" supported the elevation of Mr Solomon Lew to executive chairman that month;
    * That Coles Myer's Tooronga headquarters was a "giggle farm", "a loony house" and "full of geriatrics";
    * That corruption existed at all levels at Coles corporate headquarters.

Coles also claims that Ms de Malet later told another person that Mr Bowman would soon replace Mr Bartels as CEO and that Mr Bartels was already seeking legal advice on the matter.

In addition, the document alleges that Mr Bowman "did not seek to disassociate himself from the views expressed by Ms de Malet, but instead said that the views expressed by her were their 'joint views'."

Coles also alleges that, despite several opportunities, Mr Bowman did not substantiate the claims by Ms de Malet nor explain her conduct to Coles' directors, including Mr Lew.

Last week Coles issued its brief defence to Mr Bowman's claim seeking $2.2 million plus damages for wrongful dismissal.

By BILL PHEASANT
    Dec 28, 1995 – 11.00am

https://www.afr.com/politics/coles-w...19951228-k6p0i

PHILIP BOWMAN VINDICATED

He was sacked by Coles Myer and told he might never work again. Now he runs a huge global firm and talks about what's wrong with Australian business.

When Philip Bowman was sacked as Coles Myer finance director in 1995, some of the titans of the Australian business community told him he might never be able to work again. Bowman was the whistleblower on the notorious Yannon deal which had the effect of relieving a company owned by Coles Myer chairman, Solomon Lew, from an expensive underwriting obligation.

Lew denied he knew that Coles Myer had indemnified the purchase by shelf company Yannon Pty Ltd of $25 million worth of Premier Investments preference shares from Rodney Adler's FAI Insurances . This deal eventually cost Coles Myer $18 million.

And it cost Bowman his job.

After a four-year investigation into Yannon, no charges were laid. But by then Bowman had long since moved on: he had left Coles Myer, and he had left Australia. Determined to stay employed and in business, he rebuilt his career in Britain.

Lenore Taylor, LONDON
    Jun 7, 2003 – 10.00am

https://www.afr.com/politics/philip-...20030607-j72dv
    So, just a stand up guy then!