sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    We're selling guys! That's it! It's final! No divys! This show is over!
    Opportunity Cost

RIVN probably gonna double tomorrow.

Can't stay in the SKTray of kitty litter any longer....

GLTA.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    Opportunity Cost

RIVN probably gonna double tomorrow.

Can't stay in the SKTray of kitty litter any longer....

GLTA.
    Bowman is going to make me very rich by Feb.

And then I will pretend I never called him Pooman.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Bowman is going to make me very rich by Feb.

And then I will pretend I never called him Pooman.
    I tend to agree with you that various deals are being worked out in the background - matter of getting the property deal done first & everything will fall into place fast after that.

Shareholders will wake up one morning and find it’s all happening.

Any day now imo.

$2.50 to $2.75 is my pick of where SKT settles at when all the deals are done.

CEO did not buy on market at $1.80 for a 10% upside - that’s for sure!

Putting my money where my mouth is.
    Last edited by Balance; 10-11-2021 at 08:00 PM.

Banned

It's been about a year since I bought into this lame dull dog hoping for dividends or buy backs. I'm giving it a few more months then I will probably escape. Just makes no sense that after all this time our debt free, cash flow positive business, has not returned a cent to us. What is their reasoning? Would it really be so terrible to have some debt? They could have taken debt against the property to pump some life into the share price with divi/buybacks, then when it finally sells in 2033 for half what we all expect they can pay the debt back. Put me out of my misery.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Monarch View Post
    It's been about a year since I bought into this lame dull dog hoping for dividends or buy backs. I'm giving it a few more months then I will probably escape. Just makes no sense that after all this time our debt free, cash flow positive business, has not returned a cent to us. What is their reasoning? Would it really be so terrible to have some debt? They could have taken debt against the property to pump some life into the share price with divi/buybacks, then when it finally sells in 2033 for half what we all expect they can pay the debt back. Put me out of my misery.
    Yeah I can’t understand the zero debt thing either.

Just makes no sense at all.

They could have borrowed $50M to pay for broadband, the STB and an entry into mobile.

All the while they could have been paying a divvy.

Just nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yeah I can’t understand the zero debt thing either.

Just makes no sense at all.

They could have borrowed $50M to pay for broadband, the STB and an entry into mobile.

All the while they could have been paying a divvy.

Just nuts.
    Dividends?

Why go for the milk when you can get the cow?

Advanced Member

Well that blackcaps game I just finished watching was the best thing I have seen in a long time. I really hope Sky holds on to the ICC cricket events - All the best Blackcaps moments happen at these events - Spark must be livid.

Guru

https://www.nbr.co.nz/node/232415

Write up on Discovery.

Looks like the big announcement next year will be to introduce Discovery Plus.

I suspect that Bowman has gone back to the UK because he has completed his mission (whatever it was) and the deal has been done. There is no reason to stay. We just have to wait for the announcement.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    I suspect that Bowman has gone back to the UK because he has completed his mission (whatever it was) and the deal has been done. There is no reason to stay. We just have to wait for the announcement.
    Well, if his mission was to destroy the wealth of Sky shareholders and reduce transparency they yes - he smashed it out of the park and can enjoy a well earned cold beer in his favourite English pub.

But in reality I think he had enough of lockdowns, has the means to live wherever he wants and took the oportunity to head back to Europe.

If I had to make a prediction, I do think he will resign soon - by the Feb results. They still need to get this property deal done, so Bowman will need to sign off on that first (which he can now do with an e-Signature).

But after that is done, I think he will sling his hook. There are now two Directors living offshore, and one is the Chairman. It is just not realistic that Bowman is going to be able to fulfil his role and obligations half a world away.

He has proven to be an obstacle to mergers and takeovers. So once he leaves then, depending who replaces him, we may see a shift in position/approach.

With a little luck these guys have done the capital return and reinstated a dividend by then. Clearly a stronger SP will give shareholders a better chance of getting a good M&A type deal in the future.

From here I think we just sit tight and see how things unfold. We are right to be very upset with Bowman and the overall lack of disclosure...but we can all chill for now.

The warning shots have been fired, I do belive Sky have taken notice - let's see what they do from here.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 11-11-2021 at 09:32 AM.