sharetrader
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I tend to agree with you that various deals are being worked out in the background - matter of getting the property deal done first & everything will fall into place fast after that.

Shareholders will wake up one morning and find it’s all happening.

Any day now imo.

$2.50 to $2.75 is my pick of where SKT settles at when all the deals are done.

CEO did not buy on market at $1.80 for a 10% upside - that’s for sure!

Putting my money where my mouth is.
    Ironically, the delay in sale of the property could have worked very well in SKT's favor.

Development land prices in Auckland have gone berserk since the joint announcement by Labour & National about further intensification & housing density rules for the main centres.

Like I wrote before, it's a matter of time - not if but when the property deal is done.

Then, everything being worked on in the background will happen in a rush.

Sp is where it is because the sp momentum has faltered and the traders are bailing out - not because the deals being worked on have dissipated.
    Sp looks like heading to $1.60 by Christmas.

Enjoy the ride.
    So you bought somewhere between $1.81 and $1.84 on 10 Nov, confident that the property sale was happening "any day now", then next thing "it's a matter of time", and now it's "$1.60 by Christmas".

That's not very encouraging Balance, do you have some insights as to the state of the property sale that has given you pause for thought?

Guru

Looks like I made “dem gainz” on the 5K shares I bought today @$1.80.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    So you bought somewhere between $1.81 and $1.84 on 10 Nov, confident that the property sale was happening "any day now", then next thing "it's a matter of time", and now it's "$1.60 by Christmas".

That's not very encouraging Balance, do you have some insights as to the state of the property sale that has given you pause for thought?
    See the question marks I put after the sentences in my post?

Forget takeover - the game is over.

Sky is going to be operated for capital growth - that's clear based upon the collective thoughts and comments on this thread, right?

So no takeover, no dividends and no likelihood of a change in strategy?

Hear the sp crashing?

TIMBERRRRRRRRRRRR
    I am simply pointing out the scenario as painted by the collective comments on this thread.

And taking the p... out of a couple of posters who I believe have sold out and are now attempting to ramp the sp ever lower.

Am happy for the sp in the short term to drift lower - does not faze me one iota and looking forward to adding a few more before the inevitable property sale (& other deals being worked on in the background) occur.

All good.

Guru

See the question marks I put after the sentences in my post?

I am simply pointing out the scenario as painted by the collective comments on this thread.

And taking the p... out of a couple of posters who I believe have sold out and are now attempting to ramp the sp ever lower.

Am happy for the sp in the short term to drift lower - does not faze me one iota and looking forward to adding a few more before the inevitable property sale (& other deals being worked on in the background) occur.

All good.
    Well I now own 0.16% of the business.

Only another 19.83% to go before I hit the hostile takeover threshold and will need to stop

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Well I now own 0.16% of the business.

Only another 19.83% to go before I hit the hostile takeover threshold and will need to stop
    You will be right, mistaTea.

Traders will trade and you can tell them by the way they have gone from exuberant 3 months ago to 'despondent' today.

Watch out for them.

Guru

You will be right, mistaTea.

Traders will trade and you can tell them by the way they have gone from exuberant 3 months ago to 'despondent' today.

Watch out for them.
    For sure.

And the Board/Management have done some things that have really disappointed. Outrageous actions really, and I do think Bowman will have to sling his hook by the HY results.

But now is not the time to bail imo if you have been holding a a while.

We have gone through the real crappy part of the turnaround...it is natural for patience to wear thin at this stage, but we are about to get tens of millions of dollars from the campus sale, we have $35M cash in the bank and are adding to that pile every month. Even if we fully funded ALL capex requirements this financial year from operating cashflow, we would still be adding ~$1.5M/month to our cash balance.

They will almost certainly earmark $25M from the campus sale for the growth projects instead of taking on debt to fund it. I do think we need to start usng debt in future, but perhaps just using some money from the property sale is the more prudent thing to do for now. Until we have further gains from the strategy execution anyway.
    That means a more modest buyback/capital return, but it also means that the cash balance from operations grows at something closer to $3.5M/month.

Then by the Feb results, the cash balance would have grown by ~20M since the annual results. Even if they wanted to keep the $35M already sitting there in case other opportunities present next year, they could pay 75% of HY FCF generated = $15M.

If we assume that at the FY results they pay at least another $15M (maybe even $20M) then a total payment of $30M would be a great result for the owners of the business. Even a yield of 6% would be a market cap of $500M ($2.85/share).

I think the long suffering shareholders would be a lot happier with the Board (and possibly even forgive previous transgressions!) if they did something like this.

But with the vague statements we have had to endure for the last year or so, there really is no telling which way they will go.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post

Sky at 2.5x multiple but Foxtel at 6x because it has better streaming assets?

Seriously, WTF am I reading!

Don’t worry mate!

Bowman’s got us!

Buyback and big divvy next year is going to give us that $4/share!

Guru

I did a final Sky Nation survey for the new STB prior to release why Sky make the ‘finishing touches’.

One of the questions asked whether or not I would prefer to pay a $199 one-off fee to own the box or pay $10/month for as long as I am a customer.

I would be included to just pay the two hundred bucks and be done with it. Works out cheaper if you will be a customer for longer than 20 months.

But what does everyone think else think? Most people will probably just pay the $10 rental fee?

Crazy that the MYSKY fee should be more than the fee for the new STB!

Had the survey too Mr T
    Did the same, been a customer for a long time, don't see me changing in the next 2 years or so- especially with this new STB, therefore would pay the $199 up front

Oh look at that NZME doing a buyback. Their market cap will be more than SkT soon.

Track how NZME has managed their capital effectively over the last 12 months to see market value appreciation.

Pooman, seriously sort it out, or go join the far queue.