sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    I don't want my business case to be rock solid, I want it to be flexible, with eyes wide open, and willing to react rationally to changes.

If the tide goes out and I'm not wearing pants, my goal will be to get the hell off the beach before too many people see me naked. The more "rock solid" I am, the less likely this is.
    Well, no...

If you are wearing pants you don't need to run anywhere...and because of your deep knowledge of how tides work you understand the difference between an event that is nothing to worry about (i.e. the tide has gone out as expected, and will almost certainly come back in...as expected) versus...this is fundamentally different, and it looks like a tsunami is coming in a few hours...

Only by having a 'rock solid' understanding of the Business Case can you make intelligent decisions when you observe changes (so you can assess whether they are fluctuations that are no real cause for concern, or otherwise).

[QUOTE=Ogg;930878]I completely sold out today.

Congratulations Ogg. You really did it. Didn't think you would leave, after holding out for so long.

I have to be honest, there were lots of times, i wanted to sellout and move on. Both you and MT, somehow kept me from doing that. And thank you, i am now back in green.

Best of luck

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ba9 View Post
    Both you and MT, somehow kept me from doing that. And thank you, i am now back in green.
    Nice one mate.

I just need a market cap of $450M before I head into the green. Only ~$30M away.

Looking forward to the capital return and dividends.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by uravgtrader View Post
    WooHoo! I am finally in the green today after *checks notes*... 2 and a half years! 😄
    I've had trades that have turned into investments too,here's to more green ahead ehh.

Well I’m still holding and showing a large profit as entered after CR. Think much more upside to come, especially with property sale.

Advanced Member

$2.42! Next stop $2.50!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/127...ing-vodafonetv

And it’s bye bye to Vodafone TV.

Guru

VTV is a dog of a platform and they never did enhance it in a way that made it user friendly. They are shutting the service down next year. Most of those that subscribed to the SKY TV channels will likely subscribe to the new STB next year - great news for Sky.

Though one would think that this also cements the notion that Vodafone are not looking to get into the Pay TV space by having another crack at merging with Sky. I am sure they are interested in getting a wholesale Mobile deal with Sky, but that is probably as far as that relationship is likely to go now. I could be wrong about that.

Kia ora

Four years ago, we set out to create a powerful entertainment solution with your favourite apps and content all in one place at an affordable price. VodafoneTV has brought entertainment to so many homes over these years. However due to the changing content landscape, VodafoneTV will close on 30 September 2022.

What do you need to do now? Absolutely nothing! There’s plenty of time left for you to enjoy everything your VodafoneTV has to offer. We’ll be back in touch to guide you through the closure and share advice on alternative solutions to access the content you currently enjoy on VodafoneTV (e.g. Smart TVs, Chromecast, Freeview).

VodafoneTV will continue to work as it does now until the end of September 2022, so you'll have plenty of time to choose a new entertainment solution that best suits you.

You may also be entitled to a refund depending on when you purchased and activated your VodafoneTV - if this is the case, we'll be in touch in the next few months. Please don’t go back to the retail store you purchased your VodafoneTV from, as they’ll be unable to help you. We’ll be handling all parts of this process directly with you.

You’ll receive lots more info from us about this change over the next few months, if you have any questions in the meantime please check www.vodafone.co.nz/tv for FAQs and regular updates.

Thank you for your ongoing support and for being part of VodafoneTV.

Ngā mihi
    Your team at Vodafone
    Last edited by mistaTea; 09-12-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Another competitor out of the way, gotta be good for SKY.
    So it appears to me that most people who bought when the share was under $2 held on to it instead of cashing in for a quick profit, else the upward momentum would probably have slowed by now.
    I'm personally more than happy to wait till after the property sales and the return of dividend before making my next move.