sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Hmmm - can I just say I think I'd prefer to know what he has in his sack!
    Speak for yourself mate. Come Feb 24 I want the Money Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Very realistic.

And that would be a market cap of only $525M. Depending on the capital return policy...if they do elect an on market buyback...and if they managed to reduce s/o to 160M then all things being equal a $525M market cap would be $3.28/share.

With bigger per share dividends still to come.
    I'm surprised Ogg sold when he did or maybe he's playing everyone and hasn't sold anything, especially with the almost guaranteed postive news on the horizon. Maybe the "almost" part wasn't enough to keep him in the game.

I was down 80% at my worst with SKT but am up 40% with no intention of selling for a while yet

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Not The Chosen One View Post
    I'm surprised Ogg sold when he did or maybe he's playing everyone and hasn't sold anything, especially with the almost guaranteed postive news on the horizon. Maybe the "almost" part wasn't enough to keep him in the game.

I was down 80% at my worst with SKT but am up 40% with no intention of selling for a while yet
    No he sold alright - and I think he needed to so that he could preserve his sanity. Owning this stock did a number on him over the last 18 months.

Hopefully he is feeling Zen - a 6 figure realised gain is nothing to sneeze at.

But if I know Ogg, the continually rising SP since he sold out will really be chapping his arse right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    No he sold alright - and I think he needed to so that he could preserve his sanity. Owning this stock did a number on him over the last 18 months.

Hopefully he is feeling Zen - a 6 figure realised gain is nothing to sneeze at.

But if I know Ogg, the continually rising SP since he sold out will really be chapping his arse right now.
    Ogg watched SKT sp by the second, from when the market opened to when it closed.

Every 1c movement on the way up or on the way down was a source of emotive upheaval for him - you could see it in his postings.

So it is best for his sanity that he is out and it is best as well for some of the nervous holders of SKT that he is out. I believe a few bought into his paranoia about the Chairman, CEO & management and bailed out of SKT in the last few weeks.

Conversely, there would be some who were able to buy in cheap in the last few weeks because of his maniac postings.
    Last edited by Balance; 10-12-2021 at 10:34 PM.

He can always buy back in when there is a pull back. A modest punt could still be profitable

Property sale announcement this side of Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin_A View Post
    Nothing focuses minds to get a deal done than Christmas & the summer holidays.

Can be sure that they are busting their chops to get the sale done by 23rd Dec & load up on the champagne & lobsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Nothing focuses minds to get a deal done than Christmas & the summer holidays.

Can be sure that they are busting their chops to get the sale done by 23rd Dec & load up on the champagne & lobsters.
    Christmas does tend to make things happen

I remember one Christmas Eve on a conference call getting the last details of an acquisition agreed and the boss said ‘winner what the heck you doing …all that clattering’ and I replied ‘basting the roast turkey sir, remember Christmas doesn’t wait for anyone’
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin_A View Post
    Technically this week is last full working week for most NZers, so I'd be very surprised if we didn't hear re property sale by this friday.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Technically this week is last full working week for most NZers, so I'd be very surprised if we didn't hear re property sale by this friday.
    Agreed - I think most likely this week.

Could be next week I guess, but that would be cutting it a bit fine.