sharetrader

I don't post much, but have really enjoyed this thread over the last 2 years. I bought into Sky in October 2019 and like misteTea , watch this sink like a stone, I made every investing mistake as a newbie (catching falling knives and doubling down). I ended up have 4 times as much invested in Sky trying to average down. I ended up at 17.7c average purchase price having bought my first block at 109c. I now have a large chunk in Sky and am sitting on a 40% gain. I've been lucky, and made a few bad calls. I have learnt a lot from you all on her including OGG. I've read and listened to what a lot of you have said and some of it has stuck. Thank you all for you entertainment and sometimes wisdom on here, its kept me sane and kept me calm and luckily staying the distance. What i have learnt the most is that I now know what I DON'T KNOW!!! and investing can be fun.

Am i selling, not any time soon, there is more to be enjoyed here. thanks mistaTea!

Dayum, a bit of a drop there for the final minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by uravgtrader View Post
    Dayum, a bit of a drop there for the final minutes!
    Good finish up 10c to $2.62 - let profit takers supply stock to institutions who probably need millions of shares to get set for the next big leg up.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Good finish up 10c to $2.62 - let profit takers supply stock to institutions who probably need millions of shares to get set for the next big leg up.
    Yes agreed.

Good to see the SP closing higher than it opened each day.

Momentum building for Feb.

I'm almost tempted to say that the market has factored in the successful property sale is a result that will occur with certainty. It will be interesting to see the market reaction when news of the property sale is released.

I'm still holding my shares so I'm hopeful there will be a positive announcement soon on the property sale.
    Last edited by snigmac; 14-12-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    You know, at the low point...when the pandemic hit and Sky was knocked harder than everyone else...there was a point where I was down around 90% on a $500K or so investment. Do you have any idea how much ice I needed to to have in my veins to shrug that off?

-90%

To be up $30K now and climbing is a nice change from the depths I have seen!
    That's some steely nerves and confidence. My highest buy price was 0.64 and, thankfully, I saw the intrinsic value in SKT and bought more shares between 0.12 and 0.21 and now I am finally not in the red and seeing gains with each passing day is a welcome relief! Bring on $3

IMO

[QUOTE=SausageDog;932237 What i have learnt the most is that I now know what I DON'T KNOW!!! and investing can be fun.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks for your honesty.Thats essential in investing, some people never admit that to themselves and have blindspots and end up making emotional/wrong decisions and when they've stuffed up with an investment gone sour , ride it down to oblivion or worse top up.

Congrats to all fellow holders ATPIT and thanks to from me to Mr Tea, MarsC ,Ogg , despite his repetitiveness and others.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    You know, at the low point...when the pandemic hit and Sky was knocked harder than everyone else...there was a point where I was down around 90% on a $500K or so investment. Do you have any idea how much ice I needed to to have in my veins to shrug that off?

-90%

To be up $30K now and climbing is a nice change from the depths I have seen!
    Just as well SKT was only a modest %age of your portfolio ....you really would have beside yourself otherwise

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Just as well SKT was only a modest %age of your portfolio ....you really would have beside yourself otherwise
    Yes, very…modest…

He he he…

Guru

According to ASB, a couple of people are ready to drop their trousers for $2.61 first thing!

But the next seller wants $2.68. My man...