sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Was it $199 or $299 they were saying as a guide one-off price in those surveys about it cannot remember, thought it was the latter
    I think it was $199 one-off option but guaranteed infinite replacements if your one broke. Or a $15/month MySky type fee if you didn’t want to stump up the two hundy.

Further evidence to me that the box costs Sky much less than $200. If they are giving a one-off option like that which guarantees ‘free’ replacements then that is baked into the $199 retail price.

Guru

https://www.nbr.co.nz/analysis/2021-review-annual-shoeshine-awards

"Finally, the Last Chance Saloon award is won by Sky TV, which has stabilised its losses and continues a valiant performance in the acquisition of broadcast sports rights. Will shareholders finally buy it? Will another company finally buy it?"

Even NBR wondering what the end game is here for Sky. I was going to call it Sky's...Final Solution, but that is probbaly not the best term to use!

Guru

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/mediawe...-people-40-21/

Andrew Penn

Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Telstra
    Andy Penn took the top job at Australia’s largest telecommunications company on 1 May 2015. At Telstra, Penn is leading an ambitious change program transforming Telstra to be positioned to compete in the changing technology world of the future with 5G at its core. He has a career spanning 40 years across three different industries – telecommunications, financial services and shipping. Penn first joined Telstra in 2012 as Chief Financial Officer. In 2014 he took on the additional responsibilities as Group Executive International. Prior to Telstra, Penn spent 21 years with the insurance and investment group AXA. His time at AXA included the roles of Chief Executive Australia & New Zealand, Group Chief Financial Officer, Head of Transformation Program, Chief Executive International. With a 35% stake in Foxtel, Penn recently supported an IPO, but indicated Telstra was likely to remain a long-term investor in the TV business.

Well, Telstra should be supportive of achieving an ASX/NZX listing by merging with Sky. Le't say Foxtel is 5 times the size of Sky...and Sky is valued at NZ$700M for the purpose of a merger. That would value Foxtel at NZ$3.5B. Telstra's share of that is NZ$1.225B (35% x $3.5B). Which would mean that would hang on to a significant 29% of the new merged business ($1.225B/$4.2B). Newscorp could do the same, or sell some (or all) of their equity to some instos keen to get in.

The new ANZAC business is much stronger than each company on its own, has bigger leverage and punching power when negotiating content rights and renewals and would be a much more popular pick for investors.

Last edited by mistaTea; 20-12-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Anyone looking to top up if SP drops below $2.60?

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    I sold some at 2.70, will buy them back at 2.55. Just like getting a dividend.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    I am always looking to top up on Sky

I only know how to BUY, never SELL.

Sold 2.72 nice Christmas gift

Yes, I'd keep buying too, until at least the Feb announcement, then probably hold it until a potential take-over.
    But good to see that people are able to cash in before the holidays....WIN WIN!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I sold some at 2.70, will buy them back at 2.55. Just like getting a dividend.
    that would seem to trigger some significant taxation cost though wouldn’t it, that would more than cancel out the 15c lower price.

Been a trader for many years.Unfortunately tax due is a part of the system.One third tax 2/3 for me.