sharetrader
Page 117 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 17671071131141151161171181191201211271672176171117 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 14171
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    spark reckon there platform is not the future , so moutter was saying on a conference call. but who knows at the right price?
    It depends how much over the top Spark has to pay for the rugby rights to kill them off. Sky is an existing business with cashflows and profits - and production capability.

Or they could just drive them into the ground over time.

Yeah Sky still has subscriber base, production capability, content rights, and I.P for Neon and Fanpass all of which would be valuable to Spark. But currently the "buy price" is being discounted every month, so Spark will be in no rush.

I don't think much of Forbar but they're infinitely better than moaningstar in my opinion.
    I think the Commerce Commission would have a LOT to say about any proposal for Spark to takeover SKT.
    Race to the bottom I think.
    Maybe if we see some life and it breaks back up through the 100 day MA but honestly I wonder if that will ever happen ?
    I think anyone buying here for yield should have a good long think about what the term "Value Trap" means.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-03-2019 at 11:55 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    It depends how much over the top Spark has to pay for the rugby rights to kill them off. Sky is an existing business with cashflows and profits - and production capability.

Or they could just drive them into the ground over time.
    spark can get production capability thru tvnz who they partner with already and the coverage is greater. anyway if vodaph and sky couldnt merge no way spark gonna get sky same senario so run them into ground is best option
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Did a back flip and sold 60% of holding before ex div. at a small loss. Now Morningstar has a Big Green Buy recommendation on it .
    Yee Ha...Yippy Yi Yay, Just did a double back flip and sold the other 40%. Only had them for 7 bus. days. $7,400 loss and $430.40c brokerage at .2%. ASB Securities ph me yesterday to see if I want to attend an investor day in June for their highly valued clients. Wow, how cool is that. Might go if not too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Confucius say : Man who try to swim against outgoing tide at Manukau heads must like big trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Yee Ha...Yippy Yi Yay, Just did a double back flip and sold the other 40%. Only had them for 7 bus. days. $7,400 loss and $430.40c brokerage at .2%. ASB Securities ph me yesterday to see if I want to attend an investor day in June for their highly valued clients. Wow, how cool is that. Might go if not too busy.
    Best to call the coast guard out even if it costs you money...better than getting into even more trouble eh mate.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Best to call the coast guard out even if it costs you money...better than getting into even more trouble eh mate.
    Michael Savage said this : Man who fishes in neighbour's pond, gets crabs.

Spark needs to be careful!

skt has zero customer loyalty because of there greedy attitude , people will flee in droves once spark cranks up the sport offering

The roll out of fiber braodband another nail in the coffin of SKT.

The roll out of fiber braodband another nail in the coffin of SKT.
    5g will crush skt