sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snigmac View Post
    I don't think this is realistic currently with the lack of express announcement.
    The Orcon-2D merger would need to complete first before any other M&A activity could take place.

So if picking up Sky is on the cards, the second half of this year is the earliest anything could happen with Sky-Orcon-2D.

Lucky my favourite holding time is forever.

I would love a merger that allowed me to hang on to my shares. I keep thinking, if someone else bought us out in the meantime and I received cash for shares it would suck because then I would have to hunt around finding another wonderful business to buy.

That is hard work! I prefer my approach to investing which is laziness bordering on sloth.

Looks like most people are finally seeing the pitfalls of Spark Sport. https://www.facebook.com/34497296301...8782664641302/

Yes alot of people not happy with Spark coverage of the cricket with many comments there saying something like 'you suck, we had to pay extra to watch the cricket and you've stuffed it up for us, please just give it back to Sky' i had problems with chromecast not connecting as did many others it seems. See what today brings hopefully Rossco and Ravindra can save us 🙏

Traders love that 15 cent up and down volatility. B 2.55 S 2.70. Let's hope it continues every week till February.

yeah, just as surprised but not too worries either and looking forward to Feb's announcement

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    back from my sidelining…. so share price has dropped 8% for no particular reason lol.

looking forward to feb capital management plan, happy accumulating impatient retail speculators.
    Welcome back mate, the place just hasn't been the same without you.

Not uncommon for Sky to drop more than the overall market. I wouldn't waste any brainpower trying to understand it.

Feb 24 the key date...unless some kind of catalyst event happens before then.

Just as an FYI to all those interested in SKT. Switched to Sky Broadband over the holiday period and it mostly went without a hitch - service came on at the agreed time, it was easy to configure my existing router, and it was great to get landline service direct from the Chorus ONT instead of the router as was previously the case with Vodafone. Sky have also already upgraded everyone on their previous 100 Mbit plan to 300 Mbit service for free, unlike Vodafone which stated that it was planning to get round to it in 2022. The only hitch was that I still haven't received my Sky router (which I requested as a spare) - I get the distinct feeling that if you say you already have a router then they deprioritise you for a new Sky router. $69/month for 300 Mbit unlimited broadband is a good deal if you are already a Sky customer. The speeds are very solid and caused me no issues.
    Last edited by Airw0lf; 10-01-2022 at 08:16 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Airw0lf View Post
    The only hitch was that I still haven't received my Sky router (which I requested as a spare) - I get the distinct feeling that if you say you already have a router then they deprioritise you for a new Sky router.
    Bizarre - I would have thought that sending of routers was handled by a largely automated process at the Orcon end. You should follow up though...not sure what your existing router is, but the Sky/Orcon routers use wifi6 tech and the speeds/quality are noticeably different if you are coming off a wifi5 router.

Quote Originally Posted by Airw0lf View Post
    $69/month for 300 Mbit unlimited broadband is a good deal if you are already a Sky customer. The speeds are very solid and caused me no issues.
    Yes it is a good deal. Essentially getting 300Mbs fibre + Sky Starter for $95/month. Not bad considering this is based on a wholesale deal. If our Board got their act together and organised a M&A deal with the owners of Orcon (and soon to be 2D) those bundle prices could come down further. They could probably offer that same deal for $85/month and still make money. Big growth opportunities for the business and wonderful for the consumer.

I opted for the 900/400Mbs plan...an extra 33c/day for ultra fast seemed like a no brainer to me. Though at the time the $69/month plan was for 100Mbs and I agree that 300Mbs downloads is plenty fast for streaming.

Guru

https://www.sky.co.nz/-/sky-new-zeal...scovery-sports

Lots of noise about how much content Sky loses out on...but as of late it seems that Sky is securing a lot more in the way of content deals.

Not bad for a doomed business eh?

Does anyone know if Sky get exclusive access to the Game of Thones prequel or is this included in the HBO deal that was signed already?